Brewer Fanatic

5/18/06 Phillies (Hamels) @ Brewers (Eveland), 12:05 PM CST

Brewers go for 4 in a row this afternoon. Stay hot bats.

Pitching matchup

MIL: LHP Dana Eveland (0-0, 9.53 ERA)

He went 3-1 with a 0.75 ERA in six Minor League starts and held opponents to a .177 batting average.

PHI: LHP Cole Hamels (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

He posted double-digit strikeouts in each of his three Triple-A starts (14, 12, 10).

http://www.berkeleysquarejazz.com/blog/pix/broom.jpg

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Phillies fansite, philaphans, comes this gem:

I expect Hamels to be flat out lights out. This is nothing better than a very good AAA line-up. I am glad he's not facing the Sox... yet.

They have all but given Hamels R.O.Y., MVP, etc. and he's made one major league start. At least a couple other posters called this guy out about our lineup.

C'mon Dana!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I want to see Eveland have a good outing. He's facing a team that's been having some trouble scoring runs the last few days.

I really want to tattoo Hamels just so the Phillies fans will stop talking about him like he has the Cy Young in the bag already.

I really want to tattoo Hamels just so the Phillies fans will stop talking about him like he has the Cy Young in the bag already.

Ditto. Felix is getting bashed around too, I see no reason we can't teach this kid a lesson.

http://japanesecentral.com/Siryoo/pictureclips/equipment/broom.jpg

Good to hear Cirillo is in the lineup. I hate sitting others, but it's just fun hearing his name in there.

He had a good interview with the guys on mlb radio on XM a few minutes ago.

Lineups:
 Philadelphia Milwaukee ------------ --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Victorino, Shane 1 7 .412 2B Weeks, Rickie 3 10 .292 2B Utley, Chase 8 26 .303 3B Cirillo, Jeff 1 4 .344 RF Abreu, Bobby 4 25 .265 RF Jenkins, Geoff 6 25 .280 LF Burrell, Pat 10 28 .276 LF Lee, Carlos 15 34 .289 1B Howard, Ryan 12 30 .304 1B Fielder, Prince 8 24 .320 3B Bell, David 3 12 .261 SS Hall, Bill 8 17 .289 SS Gonzalez, Alex 0 1 .097 CF Clark, Brady 1 8 .237 C Ruiz, Carlos 0 1 .105 C Moeller, Chad 1 3 .216 P Hamels, Cole (0-0, 0.00) P Eveland, Dana (0-0, 9.53) 

Which Phillies fan site are you at?

I was at philaphans.com. I have an account over there because I use the Eagles board, but they have all of the Philly teams on one board, all with their own pages.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I have predetirmed that I will like nothing that Ned does today. As a matter of fact, I have a headache, and Yost is a moron for letting that happen.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

If we can get through a whole IGT without calling a routine baseball move as moronic or idiotic, I'll happily move on. Gripe about how you would make a different decision all you want, but lest save the moron comment for when they are truly deserved.

What are we, Cub fans?

With a lefty on the mound I can see why that Cirillo is playing third with Hardy hurt and Hall forced to only have one posistion (gasp!) but the way Koskie has been going as of late and especially his preformance at home games does he really deserve to be platooned against lefty's? I know that they need rest every once and awhile, but maybe just sit Koskie against leftys on the road.

Just my two cents, he is a bat that I would like to see stay in the lineup especially now that it wont mean taking the bat out of the hands of Hall for the next few weeks.

If we can get through a whole IGT without calling a routine baseball move as moronic or idiotic, I'll happily move on

As long as we can also agree not to call for the benching or demoting in the lineup of any players, I am game!

BTW, the Pirates scored 6 runs in the first against the Reds. I love watching the early suprising teams stop suprising http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm sorry Russ, you must be DFA'd, as should anybody who fails to get a hit today. I'm pretty sure there is some other stat whiz here who could step into your shoes.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If we can get through a whole IGT without calling a routine baseball move as moronic or idiotic, I'll happily move on. Grip about how you would make a different decision all you want, but lest save the moron comment for when they are truly deserved.

You do realize Moeller's in the starting lineup, right? Today's a bad day for that kind of thinking.

Archived