Brewer Fanatic

Top Performances By 2008 Draftees

EbbaStClaire

It is surprising that only 3 players out of the first 10 rounds of the draft ( 14 players) had a good first year. I realize that there were late signings, numerous injuries, and 5 high schoolers but later round draft choices did better. In my opinion the best performances were:

1. Robert Wooten #13 Reached and dominated in low A

2. Erik Komatsu #08 Hit consistently at Helena

3. Cutter Dykstra #02 Fine OPS for high schooler playing against college guys

4. Lucas Luetge #21 Pitched well for WV

5. Cody Adams #02 Got a lot better after his first 13 innings

6. Michael Marseco #11 Good numbers until he got hurt

7. Jacob Odorizzi #01

8. Blakeney Billings #19

9. Brandon Rapoza #31

10 Marcus Salmon #48

It will be interesting to see whose 1st year performance translates to the next level.

I think Wooten will be a strong arm out of the pen. He seemed mature in his approach, and should progress quickly through the system. I got to watch him come out of the pen here in Charleston, and always felt comfortable when he took the mound. Some of these guys passing through Low A, tend to make you nervous with what you get from game to next, even those who are successful, but Wooten nver gave me that feeling

Archived