Brewer Fanatic

Positive Vibes Thread (important)

BrewerTerp

I need to spill some stuff. Sure I've been drinking all night since the 9th inning, but this just makes it even more legit.

OK. We've come too far. It's been a great season. I've watched every game via MLB.tv or ESPN or however I can watch. I even drove through a driving rainstorm to get to Philly only to have the game rained out.

I'm 21 years old. I grew up in Boston and survived as a Brewers fan through the most obnoxious fans you can imagine. All my friends and family celebrating two World Series titles in my face while I sat on the couch and counted the days down til spring training for the Crew. I haven't been able to go to any Brewers games since the team got shipped to the NL. My dad pretty much disowned me and still hates me for not liking the Sox. Again, tons of losing seasons, the "almost" winning season in 1996 with my boys Cirillo and John Jaha. Damn, you have no idea how what it was like with all these bandwagon "jerks" in Boston. Anyways, I survived. EVEN through the 100 loss season in 2002 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. It's been fun watching Sheets develop and the team develop over the past several years. We have a new image this decade with a new park, a new logo, a new image, and a new idea of what "winning" should be. We'll always be Brewers fans, we keep coming back...can't get rid of die hard Brewers fans.

Flash to the present. I'm here. Red Sox fans breathing down my back still. More importantly, WE'RE here. There are fans who have been with this team YEARS longer than I have. I respect them so much, I just wish I was born before 1982 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

We're not out of this. We can DEFINITELY go 7-2 down the stretch which I think will be enough. Heck, we could even go 8-1 as one poster suggested. Let's just do this. I've come to far to give this up. We've come to far to give this up. It's time to rally around this team while we still have a great chance to dance! Leave the negative vibes for the offseason. The Brewers are still in contention in late September. Haters, save it for a few weeks!!!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! (sorry had to add that in)

Let's go Brewers! Crew fans from all over, let's rally. TLB...GET YOUR RALLY CAPS ON!!!

[/end drunken rant]

I'm right there with ya BrewerTerp! I've been on this roller coaster with the Brewers all year long (and for many years before this) and I see no reason not to ride it out til the very end. We are still this close to getting it done - you'd have to be crazy to want to get off this ride now. Seriously, a win today coupled with a mets loss and we are right back to where we could have been after yesterday - 1/2 measly game back.

It is my sincere hope that the team has followed the same path I'm on following yesterday's debacle - distraught last night followed by nothing but anger when they woke up today and wanting to do nothing more than to take that anger out on the Reds and hit the living crap out of the ball! We can do this! Yesterday was as tough as it gets, but ya know what? We played dang good ball in that Cubs series and with a break here or there could have just as easily swept them. We scored 16 runs in 3 games! When was the last time we did that?! HERE WE GO BREW CREW, HERE WE GO! LETS FINISH WHAT WE STARTED!

I was listening to Homer's show on 540 yesterday.

Some guy calls up claiming to be a "Big Brewer Fan", but yesterday's loss was the last straw for him, he's giving up on the Brewers.

Later in the call, this "Big Brewer Fan" proudly states he has watched probably 100 games in the past 5 years.

Wow, really man, 100 games in 5 years, you say. I guess you are a really big Brewer fan. Ummm, you do know they play 162 games EACH year, right? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

(I really don't know what point I'm trying to make with this little story, just wanted to share it, I guess.)

Anyway, I'm on board with this thread!!

GO CREW!!!

Way to get off the mat BrewerTerp!!! You've got me fired up!!!

For all of you on the east and west coast and that glorious point in between. For all of you that can post a mountain of stats or know the name of the backup catcher in Huntsville. For those of you that froze your butt off at an April game at County Stadium with plenty of hope or a September game with no hope at all. For those of you that thought Alex Grammas would come in and take us to the next level or thought the same of Davey Lopes. New fans, long time fans, young ones, old ones...Ned haters, Ned lovers and all points in between...don't give up!!!

9 games left...6 weeks left. If Sveum could pull off the Easter Sunday miracle...anything could happen. Hang in there...it will either feel like it did yesterday or turn into the greatest month ever...I'm willing to take a shot...I'm all-in.

See you all in the IGT in 4 hours!!!

Agreed to all, this has been one heck of a year, but maybe this will just bump all the wanna be Brewer fans off the bandwagon so those of us that truly support the Brewers year after year know who we are. It's easy to be a fan of a winning team, but it's more rewarding to be a true fan of a team that struggles through and prevails.

GO BREWERS! F- the Mets (and as usual... the Cubs)!

P.S. Is it bad that I hope that in beating the Mets that Soriano and/or Zambrano breaks their arm and is out for the season? ;o)

I said it a week ago I was going to enjoy the team for what it is. A good team trying to make the playoffs. That's what we've been waiting for isn't it? No way in hell I'm going to fret over what could have been, what is not, or what may being the future. Today we have a team with a chance to go to the playoffs. I'll enjoy it until it is officially over.

I'm a brewer fan. I may have chosen the ugly girl to bring to the prom but dang it she's my date and I'm going to dance with her, treat her well, and enjoy the night no matter what others may think.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived