Brewer Fanatic

We are going to finish 8-1 thread

BrewCityUnit
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't someone "have some cojones" if they stuck to their word? Making empty promises based on bold statements is just false bravado.
Yep. And I am certain he will stick to his word. I'm just not going to fault him for having some faith in the team he loves. Nothin wrong with a little hope.

Let's say the Brewers win out from here and make it to a one-game playoff with the Mets for the wildcard spot. If they win that game, can BCU deduct one of the losses in the final stretch and have it still be considered as an 8-1 finish? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

This is not some thread I am starting just to try to give myself a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season. I will put my reputation on the line. This season is going to end special and it starts tomorrow night boys and girls! Get on board and enjoy it. We are finishing this season 8-1. Trust me on this one, the regular season will end on a high note. One game at a time......lets rally behind the troops and get this done.

That's the quote. It clearly references regular season.

It would be impossible to finish the playoffs, 8-1. Losing only 1 game would mean making the World Series, yet, you can't win the World Series by winning only 8 games. Keep dancing fellas...keep dancing around the subject.
It's possible. Say we sweep the NLCS and win the World Series in five games.

If it happens does BCU get the keys to the site for a day?

It would be impossible to finish the playoffs, 8-1. Losing only 1 game would mean making the World Series, yet, you can't win the World Series by winning only 8 games. Keep dancing fellas...keep dancing around the subject.

I don't really care about the bet, or whether or not BCU keeps follows thru with the bet. In other words, I don't have a stake in this.

With that said, it would be possible for the Brewers to finish the playoffs on a 8-1 run. That wouldn't be their record for the entire playoffs, just the last 9 games. After all, I don't think thought BCU was predicing the Brewers were going to go 8-1 over the course of a 162-game regular season, were they?

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Wow, I can add, not!.

I think it's just funny, like that schoolyard, don't cross this line, ok, this line, no,this line. I think the intent was pretty clear, but spin it however. I think the dumb part was not predicting 8-1, it was giving a stipulation if it didn't happen. I could care less if he follows through with it or not. It's not as if he promised to off himself with a Ruger .27 and we need to talk him off the ledge and try to make up what he "really meant" to save his life. . A goofy prediction was backed by another equally goofy proclamation. It would have been better to just lock the thread once they went 0-2 to prevent people from coming in and laughing at him that he was wrong. But in fact, that didn't happen. Rather people came in first and started making up excuses and trying to paint a different picture for him, that's what's funny.

They did finish the season winning 6 of the last 7. That's good enough for me. Now I need BCU's contact info so I can send him that signed Weeks jersey. The Brewers pulled it out and he deserves it. I'm so excited right now! They friggin did it! My reverse jinx payed off! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif I gotta get that jersey to BCU!

GormanHarvey, you seem to know BCU. Can you get me contact info or address so I can ship it to him? Anyone else know BCU?

• 3 months later...

Archived