Brewer Fanatic

We are going to finish 8-1 thread

BrewCityUnit

hey, that would be me (I think). Although, if things continue as they did tonight, there is no way in you know where that Gallardo should be used. Will he be used? That's still possible, but he shouldn't be used if things stay the same.

Anyways, nice knowing you, BrewCityUnit!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not out of it yet. 8-0 is still a possibility. Just win tomorrow. I hope to see each and everyone of you at Miller Park for the playoffs in two weeks. The Phillies are going to get swept this weekend....I still like our chances even if we don't finish 8-0. And don't worry there will be no new username. If this is my last post, I just want everyone to know that no matter how frustrating this season has become, you all better be back next season. For how much time we all devote to this team and this site, it would be a real shame if we lost even 1 fan this season. The Crew still has a nice future and when opening day rolls around next year....the next pennant race will begin.

Doug Jones, I think it is really sad how negative you are. If you can't even enjoy your favorite baseball team why even watch the games? It's pretty easy to be positive when things are going good...Hopefully you will enjoy this team sometime again in your lifetime. Only 1 team can end the year on a high note and since I am not a Packer fan, I have never had a chance to experience that yet with any of my favorite Wisconsin teams. When that day comes it will be worth it.

Doug Jones, I think it is really sad how negative you are. If you can't even enjoy your favorite baseball team why even watch the games? It's pretty easy to be positive when things are going good...Hopefully you will enjoy this team sometime again in your lifetime.
I don't think I'm the only one who is negative about this team right now, but I appreciate your concern. I mean, come on, they're 4-14 in September. To each their own though. I choose to feel extremely disappointed that this is happening, while you choose to insist that they're going to run the table and make the playoffs. Maybe you'll end up being right, but I don't see the point in trying to convince myself into believing something unlikely is sure to happen. "Forcing" myself to think positive doesn't do much for me. I'd feel like I was just in denial and hiding from reality. I enjoy viewing the circumstances for what they really are, good or bad. That's just me though. If what you're doing works for you, that's great.

BCU/DJ43 - ultimately you both want the same thing for this team

Exactly. Being negative doesn't make one any less of fan, and certainly not a bandwagoner or a "fair-weather" fan as some like to think. But our worst fears have been realized two years in a row now. It's very difficult to not be negative. To expect the rest of us to have Panglossian expectations for the rest of the week isn't fair, based on the past 20 days.

And I'm not sure how anyone can say they enjoy watching this team right now... just sayin.

Well, from a pure comedy perspective it's hilarious. There's bad and then there's this. This is much more than a train wreck. This is a little MLB 9/11 going on. You just have to watch in disbelief and crack up when you realize it's REAL.

They even lost 4 out of 5 coin tosses! What else can go wrong? I wouldn't fly on that plane home. It would only make sense for that bird to crash.

Well, that didn't take long.

I nominate that BrewCityUnit gets to stay. Since I was the one who badgered him into that wager, I would like to give him a pardon. People shouldn't be held accountable for irrational things they are doing right now. It's the fault of the Brewers. Going 4-15 and blowing a playoff spot will make people do and say crazy things.

It's not BCU's fault. We are the Detroit Lions of the MLB. Even when we start off strong, we always collapse and screw it up somehow. I'm not one to believe in curses, but we would be a prime suspect for having one if they did exist.

On second thought, we'd be lucky to be the Detroit Lions since they've actually made the playoffs in the past 25 years.

On second thought, we'd be lucky to be the Detroit Lions since they've actually made the playoffs in the past 25 years.

If MLB had as many playoff teams has the NFL, the Brewers would have done so as well (and probably would this year).

Millen = Melvin

WR's = SO hitters

Millen to Melvin is laughable. One took a bad team and made it into a playoff contender, the other took a bad team and made it worse.

I'd say the Brewers are more like the Vikings. Start off strong, miss the playoffs. Nate Poole anyone? Ned/Dale = Childress.

I say BrewCityUnit only gets to stay if the Brewers make the playoffs. Kind of like a governor's pardon. Longshot but still a chance.

Not that my vote counts for anything.

Seconded. But I say he gets to stay either way. I'm not gonna hold it against BCU for having some cojones

Archived