Brewer Fanatic

We are going to finish 8-1 thread

BrewCityUnit

BrewCityUnit - I will buy you a 12 pack of Miller if it happens for your prediction. I'm on board to support this.

On a side note, I would bet money that next "It's gonna happen" will become TM of the Chicago Cubs, just like those stupid W flags that I want to burn every time I see them. How sad is it that a team needs W flags and a stupid fight song for every victory you get. I guess 100 year of losing will do that to you.

Albeit not necessarily appropriate, next year I'm starting a movement at miller park that anytime you see a cubs fan with a W flag, an "it's gonnahappen" sign, or someone singing that stupid song, you have free reign to sucker punch them in the face. Not that I'm bitter. ;o)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BrewCityUnit will be making his self-imposed exit from the boards by Sunday afternoon at the latest.

Well, unlike BCU, I bet you aren't willing to lay anything on the line on that prediction. You also seem to think that even if the Brewers split the first 2 games of the series, they will obviously lose CC's start on Sunday? Odd, to say the least.

BrewCityUnit will be making his self-imposed exit from the boards by Sunday afternoon at the latest.

Well, unlike BCU, I bet you aren't willing to lay anything on the line on that prediction. You also seem to think that even if the Brewers split the first 2 games of the series, they will obviously lose CC's start on Sunday? Odd, to say the least.

Maybe it's because I'm aware that CC is starting on Saturday, not Sunday, and that there are no guarantees no matter how well he pitches that the Brewers will win the game. It's nothing against BCU. I've just seen these kind of proclamations / predictions made in so many places, covering a wide variety of sports and events, and I don't think I've ever seen one pan out. What usually happens is the proclamation falls well short, other topics take over the spotlight, the poster quietly disappears, and then most likely reappears anonymously under a different screename a few weeks later.

I'm so sure that not only will the Brewers not go 8-1, they won't make the playoffs no matter what their record over the next 9 games is. I'll gladly send BCU my autographed, authentic Rickie Weeks jersey if the Brewers make the playoffs regardless of their record the next week and a half. Yes, even if the Crew makes it in going 2-7 over their last nine. Even if they get in on the last day of the season via a walkoff grand slam by none other than Rickie Weeks. An autographed Weeks jersey may not be highly sought after right now, but it's worth more than a screename. And since I'm out of work right now, it's the best I can afford to do.

Great point!

Not so much since he was wrong on both accounts.

Not so much since he was wrong on both accounts.
I have yet to see anything stating that CC is definitely starting tomorrow and time will tell if you send your big prize to BrewCityUnit if and when the Crew make the playoffs
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/09/19/sabathia-on-short-rest-saturday.aspxhttp://blogs.jsonline.com...-short-rest-saturday.aspx

Brian or any moderator can ban me if they do not get word from BCU that he received said jersey.

I don't think they will go 8-1 either but if I'm understanding you right, you are countering that don't have a shot at even winning this series. That's the prediction I want to see you back up. Not exactly bold of you to bet that the Brewers will finish 7-2 or worse. A Weeks jersey, no less. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

$25 to be donated to bf.net? Everyone wins! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

$25 to be donated to bf.net? Everyone wins! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I already donated $25 to bf.net. And if the Crew takes the Reds series, there's a reasonable chance that they'll be right in the thick of the wildcard race. I'm not putting up the jersey for 7-2 or worse. I'm putting it up for making the playoffs regardless of their record over the final nine. If they somehow back in, even going 2-7, BCU gets the jersey.

I'm putting something up for absolutely nothing in return and have a near 33% chance of being wrong. BCU leaving the boards isn't any sort of prize for me. If I'm right, I get nothing but another year gone by with no playoff baseball.

OK, fair enough on your playoff wager. More than fair.

What's it matter if you already gave BF.net money, though. You don't think you'd have to pay again anyway! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Believe me, your line of thinking is right in step with the way I usually approach things. I just don't think I could sneak another $25 past my wife without feeling her wrath since I pledged the first $25 two days before having my job eliminated.

Brewer Fever, thanks for the offer, but I would not feel right taking your Weeks autograph jersey when the Brewers make the playoffs. At that point everybody around here will be so happy I wouldn't want to take any of that enjoyment away from a fellow bf.net user.

Just enjoy the ride and see what happens. And for all of those who think I will re-appear under a different screen name, that is not going to happen. I am confident in my prediction, I will have to deal with the consequences if that prediction falls short. Life will be different without brewerfan.net but I honestly don't think I will have to worry about it.

Brewer Fever, thanks for the offer...

Are you kidding me? If the Brewers make the playoffs I'll wrap that baby up and send it out to you with a giant smile on my face through it all. Packing that jersey means I have playoff baseball to enjoy for the first time in my life. That's worth far more to me than any piece of memorabilia. Rickie Weeks could get the playoff clinching hit or go on to have a Hall of Fame career, and I promise I'd never regret it. If the Brewers make the playoffs you're getting that jersey.

The Brewers need an 8 game winning streak now huh? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif As I've been saying for years - "Oh well, there's always next year"
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Sure, if the Brewers do not finish atleast 8-1, I will never post on this site again.

Just warning you, I'm taking you up on this.

If you do enforce this, I hope you provide equal enforcement to the member who wrote that he would seriously quit this board if Gallardo pitched this season (assuming that he does so, we'll find out next week).

Archived