Brewer Fanatic

We are going to finish 8-1 thread

BrewCityUnit

This is not some thread I am starting just to try to give myself a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season. I will put my reputation on the line. This season is going to end special and it starts tomorrow night boys and girls! Get on board and enjoy it. We are finishing this season 8-1. Trust me on this one, the regular season will end on a high note. One game at a time......lets rally behind the troops and get this done.

Edit: The only threads that get "official" titles are those official threads which are started by a Brewerfan moderator, or previously approved as official by a Brewerfan moderator. This thread, being neither of those two, is thereby not "official." "Official" removed from title. - Toby

Edit 2 and 3: I can't spell/punctuate.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How exactly are you putting your "reputation" on the line? Are you going to stop posting here if your deluded fantasy doesn't come true? Maybe you should put something tangible on the line if you are so confident.

I'll bet you $100 that they finish worse than 8-1.

Numbers for perspective:

Over the past 10 games, the Crew is 2-8. This is the worst record in baseball, save Seattle, which has the worst record in baseball, period. Meanwhile, Cinci has gone 7-3 in their last 10, including handling the Brewers in Milwaukee. Pittsburgh has played better than the Brewers lately and the Brewers have stunk in MP against the de facto home team for years.

That would be some turnaround.

If the Crew goes 8-1 to finish out, you sir will be handed one american beer of your choice. You can choose, can or bottle. However, does this 8-1 put them in the playoffs? Do you have the inside track on how the NL East is gonna finish out? That way I know if I can completely clear my schedule or if I should check out that last game of the season.

I'll second adding "It's gonna happen!" to the cuss filter. What a generic catchphrase.

This is an interesting experiment, to say the least. What would really suck is if the Brewers go 7-1 in their next 8 games, and then drop the season finale. At least 7-2 would put the Brewers in very good position to make the playoffs, though, right? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived