Brewer Fanatic

What kind of atmosphere will there be when the team returns home?

bklynbrewcrew
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fully expect the stadium to rain boos when they come out tomorrow,
I'm not so sure now that they're only 1 game back in the Wild Card standings. Hopefully people will be smart enough to realize how close we are and give the Brewers their 100% full support for these final six games.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

You mean our usually classy fans will boo their team? Crazy!

I can't get enough of your sarcastic comments! Awesome! You get to rip on posters (and have been publicly complained about), but keep it coming! You know stats no doubt and you bring a ton of knowledge here, but your responses to others is pretty poor. You have a ton of posts, but that's no reason for some of your negative posts here IMO. Especially those that have attacked posters.

However, saying "To suggest that people who boo lack class is so categorical as to be ridiculous" insults the segment of members who disagree with this statement and crosses the condescension line.
Yet, it is not condescending to tell someone that they don't have class because they chose to BOO a professional baseball team?! Seems like a pitiful double standard to me.

I agree that a fan has ever right to boo a team, but I cannot understand why any Brewer fan would show up tomorrow night and boo the brewers. Yeah, they've blown a huge lead in September, but they're only one game out of the WC with 6 to play. I've given up on them a bunch of times this month, but I'll be up in the terrace reserve tomorrow night rooting them on as hard as I can.

You mean our usually classy fans will boo their team? Crazy!

I can't get enough of your sarcastic comments! Awesome! You get to rip on posters (and have been publicly complained about), but keep it coming! You know stats no doubt and you bring a ton of knowledge here, but your responses to others is pretty poor. You have a ton of posts, but that's no reason for some of your negative posts here IMO. Especially those that have attacked posters.

I don't see that comment as an attack on posters but a comment on the booing issue. Booing will remain an issue and if anyone who thinks booing makes Brewers fans look bad has to be silent the issue can't be discussed.

Booers of the home team might expect some flak for having a negative affect on the team. Booing the visitors may not be classy but it's good strategy. Why not boo to win?

I fully expect the stadium to rain boos when they come out tomorrow,
I'm not so sure now that they're only 1 game back in the Wild Card standings. Hopefully people will be smart enough to realize how close we are and give the Brewers their 100% full support for these final six games.

I certainly hope you're right Invader3K. I think if they would have come through Saturday in Cincinnati, there would have been a greater sense of optimism out of the fanbase. I'm just not sure how the whole crowd will react, and my faith in them (the fans) isn't that high. If cheers are louder than any booing that will be present, I'll be pretty happy.

That being said, I also would expect, even if they don't boo when the team comes out, the fans will have very little patience if we get behind, or continue to play poor in general.

Last year's final week was a roller coaster of ups and downs, but the crowd was always excited and energized. Hopefully this week they can be again.

I can't get enough of your sarcastic comments! Awesome!

Are you using sarcasm to complain about my sarcasm? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"You have a ton of posts, but that's no reason for some of your negative posts here IMO."

The number of posts I have is no reason for anything. It justified nothing. It's irrelevant.

Booing for what? I think the Keg won't be much different than how it usually is...

Player hits home run: Crowd Cheers

Player forgets to cover 1st on a sac bunt in the 7th with a 1-run lead: Crowd Boos

I do think fans will be more anxious than usual...Honestly, what fanbase wouldn't feel tense with a week to play and a 1 game difference in the standings...

My question is what are the Brewers doing about this? With 10,000 or so tickets available for each of the Pirates games, wouldn't you be slashing prices to get those sold and fill that place up, or are they expecting the 'excitement' of the playoff race to take care of the walk-up?

Their is no doubt in my mind that the atmosphere will be electric tonight and as long as the Brewers are still in it. Brewers fans aren't really that stupid are they? You just don't boo a team that is a game out of the playoffs with 6 games to play. I might understand if they just come out and suck and keep losing but I don't see anyway that the fans just come out of the gates booing.

Community Moderator

There will be little or no boos tonight.

1. I agree, lots of the booing was Yost related.

2. They have gained back ground in the last few days and still have a decent shot

3. Weeknight crowds are generally nicer to the players anyway

4. We've got nothing to lose, go Brewers!!!

Booing for what? I think the Keg won't be much different than how it usually is...

Player hits home run: Crowd Cheers

Player forgets to cover 1st on a sac bunt in the 7th with a 1-run lead: Crowd Boos

I think this quote totally sums it up. The fans boo lousy little league type mistakes coming from major leaguers and they have grown tired of the same old mistakes happening over and over again. Milwaukee's fans are great and the fact is we have gotten a product over the years that never improved on the little things it takes to win games. I hope this was all Ned's fault.

One tidbit I heard today, and I wasn't sure where to put it...Trenni from FSN was on 540 AM earlier this morning, and talked about how she thinks the fans will be very supportive. She also thinks they should have a great chance against the Pirates (OK, no real news there). The interesting thing she talked about is how low the morale is with the Pirates. She mentioned the terrible ownership, which has been well documented, being how cheap they are, etc. The more interesting thing was that the ownership is known for not taking good care of the players, or even their families, and how FSN Pittsburgh isn't even going to bother broadcasting the final three games of the Pirates' season (which is somewhat understandable as they are in San Diego and would go up against college and NFL football over the weekend).

Just thought I'd pass that along. It really shows you the difference between the two franchises now, which were sort of co-cellar dwellers just a few years back.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Their is no doubt in my mind that the atmosphere will be electric tonight and as long as the Brewers are still in it. Brewers fans aren't really that stupid are they?

As a whole our fans are awesome. But I find it inexcusable that we boo our own relief pitchers before they take the mound and our own players after a bad at-bat early in the game. If the team stinks it up, then boo after the game is over, but not when it is 3-2 in the 8th inning.

Russ, you didn't hear booing during Bush's stellar 2nd inning? or when Mota gave up the homerun? I think I've heard worse booing at MP, but it was definitely audible from the terrace box. Our specific section seemed pretty free of booing, though.

I'd say the crowd for Tuesday's game was alternately subdued and whipped up. It was a tense evening as soon as Dave started walking guys in the second, and the tension never really let up. It felt like a crowd who badly wanted a win, and who by the latter innings were living and dying on every pitch.

It was kind of sad that the Brewers felt a need to periodically notify fans via the ribbon board, "Make Some Noise!" and "Wave Your Towel!" Oh, is that what the towels were for?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

When the guys came out, there was general cheer, but most people around me stayed in their seats. A little booing, but not really noticeable on any scale.

Great excitement on Braun's triple, but the second inning fans were generally uneasy, and there was a pretty strong amount of booing I felt, not the worst I've seen, but strong. Gagne was booed when he got the first runner on. And a small amount of booing when Hall had that pinch hit pop up. The biggest boos of the night went to Bush's second inning and Mota giving up the homer.

All and all, a weird crowd, but less negative than I expected. There was a ton of excitement around the park afterwards though, and hopefully it was the kind of win that will lift the fan's spirits for the final 5 games.

I was there, and I think the crowd had kind of the same attitude as the people in the "Giving up on the season" thread have/had - it'll be great to make the playoffs, but I'm not getting my hopes up and I'm going to treat it like just another game. When we were in big situations, people were up on their feet, and it was pretty loud. While we were losing, just sitting back and enjoying the chance to watch baseball, but not going to get emotionally wrapped up in it type dealio.

Booing was average, my section let Mota have it a bit. I actually wasn't able to get there until the 3rd, so I didn't hear Bush's reception in the 2nd.

Archived