Brewer Fanatic

What kind of atmosphere will there be when the team returns home?

bklynbrewcrew
Assuming we dont have a great weekend in Cincinnatti what will the atmosphere be like when the team returns home next week? With the team seemingly out of the race I fully expect a nasty crowd that will boo at every gaffe the team makes. It is my opinion that the fans of this team are fed up of the choking and will let the team hear all about it. I expect things to get real ugly and by the time the weekend comes the park will probably be split around 90/10 in favor of Cubs fans.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to think that next week's ticket holders who are so angry about the Brewers' dismal September that they are planning to boo...would just do the rest of us a favor and bypass those games. But the "home field disadvantage" conversation elsewhere on this forum has me just about giving up on that.

I can't think of circumstances that would make me want to boo the Brewers. I just don't roll that way.

I also can't think of anything else to add to this thread that won't restart the whole boo vs. don't boo argument.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I will be at least 4 of the last 6 home games, unless someone wants to sell some tickets for the first two games at a cheap price, and will cheer just as hard for the Brewers to win as I have all year. We shouldn't be eliminated from the playoffs by then, which means we should still have a shot to do something really special. Even if we are officially out for the year, I will cheer. I was only 3 back in '82, and this year has really been fun for the most part. If we make the playoffs--even better, but there is really no reason to boo 'your team', ever. At the lowest possible point, this team has won more games than I ever remember them winning in a season, so I will cheer loudly for that.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I only had tickets to the last game vs the Cubs, but I unloaded those after the game today. Don't need to sit through a pre-playoff party thrown by the Cubs fans at MP. And if (or should I say when) the fans boo, this time the team deserves whatever reaction they get. Hopefully they don't tighten up at home and instead play "loose" like they do on the road.

I'm not going to waste my time to go to a stadium and boo a team. If they aren't worth watching, I'm not going.

I still can't believe they blew it. Wow. Just wow.

And yes, my annoying Cubs fan friends and so jazzed about potentially having 90% Cubs in attendance and laughing all the while the Cubs sweep the Brewers out of the season in their pre-playoff party.

If there is hope when they come back, I think the fans will be very supportive. If they tank in Cincy, and there is no hope (4.5 games back with 6 to play); I would expect a ton of no shows for the Pirates series, and 90% Cubs fans for the last 3. I am still going to go to the Cubs games, but I might go incognito (without any supportive Brewers gear). I might also bring some paper bags.

If there is hope when they come back, I think the fans will be very supportive. If they tank in Cincy, and there is no hope (4.5 games back with 6 to play); I would expect a ton of no shows for the Pirates series, and 90% Cubs fans for the last 3.
If Attanasio fired Ned based largely on what happened in Philladelphia, how is he going to react to this (which I think is accurate)? Certainly not what he spent $90 Million to accomplish. Iwould suggest Doug better make sure his proessional network is intact.

You mean our usually classy fans will boo their team? Crazy!

Yeah -- it's silly to expect a zebra to change its stripes.

I agree with Toby that MP might really suck for the last 6 games. If the Brewers aren't going to make the playoffs, it may be better that the last 6 (and especially the last 3) are as meaningless as possible (that is, the Brewers are eliminated).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If there is hope when they come back, I think the fans will be very supportive. If they tank in Cincy, and there is no hope (4.5 games back with 6 to play); I would expect a ton of no shows for the Pirates series, and 90% Cubs fans for the last 3.
If Attanasio fired Ned based largely on what happened in Philladelphia, how is he going to react to this (which I think is accurate)? Certainly not what he spent $90 Million to accomplish. Iwould suggest Doug better make sure his proessional network is intact.
Don't think he needs to worry about that. Gammons and Neyer both speculate that if the Yankees let Cashman go, Doug Melvin is the guy they think would be the new Yankees GM.

I'm assuming the atmosphere will be negative, just like it has been in a lot of the games I've gone to this year. I hope to make at least one game, and I will cheer loudly for the Brewers, its been a long time since we've had a chance this late in the season.

I don't understand the logic behind giving up on your team, and cheering against (booing) them w/ 9 games left in a pennant race. Would people rather see the Brewers 15 games out, and playing our prospects in meaningless games like past years?

I know it has been a very bad month, but there are nine games left in the season and for the first time in 26 years we are in a very close pennant race. We play the two worst teams in our division for 6 of them, and a team that will have already clinched for the last 3. I think its too early to give up, to me its not as important how we got here, but that were here. Go Brewers.

If you plan on going to the next homestand and are going to boo, just don't go to those games. Yes, these last three weeks or so have been very frustrating but the Brewers have provided a very entertaining summer this year, and as hard as it may seem, they still are in the race. Hopefully on that last weekend, if they are out of it, some people have some class and do give them a standing ovation. It's been a frustrating ride, but it's been one of the Brewer's most successful seasons in years.

You can get angry and frustrated, but they still are your Brewers, please don't boo!

for the first time in 26 years we are in a very close pennant race.

Uh, no...there was last year for one. The Brewers were tied for first on 9/18/07 and went 2-6 over the next 8 games to hand the division to the Cubs.

Archived