Brewer Fanatic

are you really done with the season?

jason21nl

I've watched meaningless games in September, just because it's a long way to next April.

Why would I stop watching while the games mean something?

(Heck, the Brewers showed more fight in this series than they did the whole rest of the month.)

Please wait until the bandwagon comes to a complete stop before jumping off.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing my best to stay with them, but it's just so tough. It was almost better when we lost 100 games a year...I certainly never felt like I did yesterday afternoon.

It would make it that much sweeter if we made it, but that's just looking more and more like a pipedream.

I've waited this long, what's another 10 days? This team has beaten me up, exhausted me and I really don't know what I have left to give. I just keep telling myself that its still possible, that I might just see playoff baseball at Miller Park.

Last year, I passed up playoff tickets in Denver, saying I wasn't going to the playoff until I could see my own team. I'm not going back on that now.

I thought about digging up the Brokeback Mountain "I wish I knew how to quit you" picture, but frankly I'm just too tired.

It would make it that much sweeter if we made it, but that's just looking more and more like a pipedream.

Yes, but those of us who stick with it will recieve this reward should the unexpected happen. At this point it is a "no-lose" proposition as we are not expecting anything but failure to make the playoffs, so there will be no additional disappointment if they do not.

No doubt this is painful to watch, but don't tell me you won't be checking in on the games this weekend. If you logged on to this board, you're too into it to give up now. I'm staying with the ship. It is my duty. Full speed ahead!!!!

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2961/22fk6.jpg

If I want season tickets to see a team who doesn't care, I'll go see the Bucks - they are much cheaper.
Yes, that's right, the Brewers coaches, players, and executives don't care.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5403/lovitz0tj.jpg

I have had relationships like this before. I am unhappy with how things are going, but I know I will be kicking myself in a month if I break it off now so I just wait until they break it off first.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

A day removed from yesterday's debacle, this loss is STILL eating at my core. I can't get over it; I think it may have been the hardest day I've had to endure as a sports fan. One of these years, I feel like I should be rewarded for my patience and suffering.

That said, there's no giving up in me. If I tried to stop watching, it wouldn't work. I'll be glued to the TV for the next week. I love this sport, this team, and this city. This experience is making me stronger -- I'll just appreciate it more when we finally reach the promised land, whether that be a week or 10 years.

I will probably watch some games. Mostly because my wife makes me watch. That 4 game sweep by Philly broke my back. Watching the Brewers righy now is painful. Watching the Brewers now is kind of like that scene in Animal House where people are joining the evil frat house, sorry kind think of the name, and after they get hit with the paddle they say, "Thank You Sir, May I have another".

So will I watch yes, a little. Will I enjoy it? All I can say is "Thank You Sir, Can I Have Another"

I've never been "that guy", but tonight it ended for me. I loyally listened in for the 1st inning and got kicked in the ____. I turned it off and will not look back...call me what you want, but I've been loyal forever. I've never quit, until tonight. This goes beyond loyalty, it just hurts more than it ever has and I need to take some deep breaths and get away. I've had enough. I can't take the abuse anymore. I love the Brewers, but enough is enough, you know?

Edit-And now, I see I've dropped some 4000 posts. All this time and now the board drops me as well!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Despite the fact I was overcome with anger at the outcome of the game yesterday, while today's game drove me to depths of disappointment rarely seen, I am still hanging in there. I suppose the day this team actually makes the playoffs, suffering through years like last year and this September to date will be worth it, right?
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived