Brewer Fanatic

are you really done with the season?

jason21nl
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think how it is living in Illinois with the Cub hysteria. Weekends are a little easier. I can get into football, or this week the Ryder Cup. Oh I'll check on games but I'm pretty well done watching games through. I'm almost certain this team has one more tease in them. They always do but this is a bunch of losers in my book. I actually can't wait for multiple trades this offseason so I can at least hope for different results.

I actually think next season we will have a good team again. Yeah no CC or Ben, but we should still have a good rotation especially if we make a trade for a #2 type starter and I think our offense can put up runs again but we need a REAL leadoff hitter.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm done for the season after this gut punch loss I don't see this team coming back and making playoffs. It was alot easier to watch games at the end of the season when the team was bad then it is when the team is actually playing for something its just too bad they haven't played very well the last two years when its mattered. I think my wife and kids will be happy that I am done with the Brewers for the season I don't think my wife is too happy that my two year learned some new words today. What really sucks is that the window or opportunity has probably closed on this team...

Lets see 2 games behind the Phillies and a game and a half behind the Mets being 2 behind in the loss column. I will check in to see how the team is doing but I am done caring for this season. In some ways I would rather go back to the days where September baseball is meaningless than have to suffer like this due to the choking that this team is doing. I cant imagine a more disappointing season than this.

For me, a bad day at the ballpark (like, say, today) is still better than a good day most other places. I find I'm generally happier during baseball season than during the off-season. So, I'm still in. (I'm still not as eagerly awaiting the game on the 28th, though.)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Of course I'm not done with this season -- what else am I going to watch every day?? When the season ends, I'll have nothing to watch but ESPN and crappy TV series.

This is the best Brewers team that I can remember (I was 4 in 1992). I'm not bailing out early, no matter how bad they limp across the finish line.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If I can deal with 2002, I can deal with this.
2002 was a cakewalk compared to this. How can you get more frustrated in 2002 when you knew we had a horrible team that had NO chance of making the postseason.

I couldn't have said this any better. I remember being at Miller Park during loss number 100 that year thinking it can't get much worse than this....little did I know that having a team that actually has talent let it all slip away time and time again hurts infinitely worse than a team that has no expectations. I thought last year was difficult...this year blows that away.

I can't turn my back on this team. I keep telling myself I should and that I don't deserve the daily torture, but it's impossible. It's a long story, but I just grew such an attachment to this team when I was younger and I can't seem to let them go no matter what. They're like a best friend or a loved one that you'll stand by to the bitter end. Even if they don't make the postseason, I still have the six months of memories that I love.

I've grown up with this team, and like the rest of you, I've seen much worse. I know all of you feel the same way as me, otherwise you wouldn't be here. That's why I think this thread is unnecessary. In reality, none of us are going anywhere.

It's too painful to watch the all of the games right now, but I will keep checking, and if the Brewers aren't loosing, I'm sure I'll get sucked in.

Now that I've lost almost all hope for the season, I probably won't smash anymore headphones like I did in the bottom of the 9th today.

When does Badgers' Hockey start?

October 10th at Boston College.

In that case the Brewers better make the post season so I have something to watch until then. Seems like a late start to me. It looks like 2 of the Badgers games against Minnesota are already scheduled to be on the Big Ten Network.

My enthusiasm for this season has been pretty low since the CC trade. I still watch the games on weekends, but not to many weekday games anymore. I will watch as long as they keep playing.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have been a brewer fan since the early 70's . I am 43 years old and have lived in the bronx Ny my whole life. This year team has frustrated me more than any other team in recent times. But today loss has not seemed to register any emotion at all maybe cause i realize this team is not that good, I was more ticked off when Eric blew the save back in April aganist the cubs. I know next year seems to be shaping up as a down year because of losing our top 2 starters ,however i will order the MLB package again to see the Brewers come next April. Just my expectations will not be so high.

For the first time in a long time, I have really lost interest in the Brewers. A friend sent me a text yesterday saying, "hey, they finally won again!" I wrote back saying I just lost a lot of interest on Monday and this season is just tainted now. He wrote back saying, he knows, but if they don't do it this year, it might be a while again. I shouldn't miss it. I keep reminding myself that, and I watched some yeaterday, listened some today, but the wind is out of my sales. I guess I don't feel the team deserves it anymore. Nothing against anyone or group personally, but it just seemed so shady. To me it wouldn't even feel right going to the post season after firing the manager 150 games in. Like Yost or not, it was his team. Living in AZ, and all the co-workers knowing what an avid baseball fan I am; I am getting sick of hearing, "What where they thinking? They are done now!" I respond by saying we only have to be ahead of the Mets or Phillies. It seems like all the top NL teams have taken turns doing tank jobs the last few weeks. We will see what happens. I am definitely very disenchanted now though.

I can't give up yet. My gut is numb from all the punches it's received these past few weeks, so a few more won't hurt. At least in the Cubs series the Brewers seemed to have a little life. I'm hoping for 2 or 3 wins in Cincy for the Crew and 1 or 2 wins in Atlanta for the Braves, then the Brewers come home to sweep the Pirates and the Cubs beat the Mets a couple times. I think it can happen.

Today was my first time at Wrigley. 2008 is over for me. I have tickets to next Friday's game, so I don't know exactly how to approach that. I think I'll go, have fun in the parking lot with friends and beer, and then bring a score card into the game to keep me occupied. I have no desire to emotionally follow this team for the rest of the year. That doesn't mean I don't think they can eek into the playoffs, but it won't change anything for me if they do. I've enjoyed my season's-worth of joys and crotch-punches. I am officially emotionally disconnected until 2009, and it's more than a little relieving.

I've lived and died with these guys for the last 25 years. When we were bad every time something like this happened I was still optimistic, still tried to find a silver lining. But this past month, particualrily yesterday broke me. I keep saying, take a day off, but I can't, its like a drug, its part of my very being, I love the Brewers. SO whatever happens this last 9 games, I'll be there, maybe miserable, maybe estatic. Don't give up now guys.

Yesterday really made me angry. It pretty much ruined what was otherwise a decent day for me. I just can't take this team throwing away chances anymore. My plan is to pretty much avoid watching any of the games against the Reds. I'm sure I'll still check the scores and stuff, but I can't take losses like yesterday's this late into the season, when the team has come so close.

I will be going to the game this coming Tuesday against the Pirates, since some friends got tickets and are bringing us. Depending on how things go this weekend I'll either be cheering full on, or taking a very passive approach to watching the game.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm still watching since it is the Mets we are chasing and they seem to choke just as much as we do~. They face the Braves, the Cubs and the Marlins all teams that are probably just as good as the Mets. We just have to hope that we go on one of those good runs against bad teams we've had multiple times this season and then that the Cubs rest all their players or something.

Archived