Brewer Fanatic

are you really done with the season?

jason21nl

Sorry if this isn't MLB stuff but since its about the Brewers season, I put it in here. Of course please move if its not. We kinda had a thread about it in Off Topic about taking a break, but that turned more into people acting like fools throwing stuff all over the place, me included. I think this Thread is a little different.

So I have been reading the various threads and there is a lot of talk about being done with the season and not watching anymore and I really can't blame them. So whos going to torture themselves to the final out of the season? or who is going to bail because the they just can't take it anymore?

I'll admit when Soto tied the game it was like a big kick to the junk and when Lee singled in the game winner I said to a co worker that I'm so close to being done and not watching anymore this year. But who am I kidding? I must love the torture, the pain, the agony because I'll right back watching or listening to every pitch the next game. So bring on whatever else is to come! I'm all in.

if this thread sucks, I'm sorry.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said earlier that I can't take anymore. But I will be back. I have for 30 years and I'm not going to stop now. Until someone on this freaking team actually comes up to me and clubs me in the head with a baseball bat, I will still watch this train wreck of a franchise.

I realized long ago that no matter how badly the Brewers do, no matter how many times I turn off the radio at work or my TV at home in anger, I end up turning it back on not even a minute later. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment, but I figure baseball will be gone for 5 months and I will miss it, so the costs and benefits of riding out the string say I should ride it out, as rough as that may be.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I am leaving for San Francisco on Saturday for a conference which goes late every night so I won't be able to watch any games until I show up at Miller Park to watch the last three games of the year. I think this might be good for my blood pressure and overall health. I am really considering trying to completely avoiding them and then showing up on Friday with my tickets and hearing either, "Our magic number is 2" or "I can't believe we let this season get away." Of course in reality I will probably be watching a game cast on my Iphone and having the whole conference thinking I am nuts when I am screaming and yelling in the back.

Today may have been the nail in the coffin for me this season. I watched that whole game and it was just heartbreaking. I think "kick in the junk" was a good description. I'll still check daily to see if they win or lose, but I can't watch them anymore this season (at least not a whole game). BUT, I'll be back in 09!!

I'll give it one more day. If we lose another game in the standings tomorrow night (-2.5), then it might be over. That precludes a great homestand, and a decent chokejob by the Mets.

I honestly didn't think we'd have to "hope for the unlikely/improbable" just to qualify for the playoffs during the final week of the season.

I have loved this franchise and followed them for to long to give up. Were still in a playoff spot chase and it is only the second time in years that we can say that. I was very ticked off when I saw Torres blow that lead today, but I have seen worse from this franchise. I'm still all in on this team because we are still in it. Lets go Brewers!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm like the bad guy in a Jackie Chan movie... get a kick to the gut, get back up for another.

I HATE how I can't quit this team, even though all I've known from them is disappointment. I have tickets for the Thursday night game against PIT. For the first time in my life, I have Brewer tickets, and I'm wavering on whether or not to go. That has NEVER happened to me before.

That'll be all for me. I made the mistake of coming back after Ned got tossed. I kinda figured it wouldn't be the rescue the club needed, but I was also optimistic they'd play better for a new guy.

Instead, I get the same old dumb(bleep) baseball that's been the calling card of this team for so long. Guys swinging out of their shoes at terrible pitches, letting flat pitches down the middle of the plate float by when it's already a two-strike count, third-base coaches who make really stupid decisions, pitchers and catchers who do insanely dumb stuff, and just the general inability of this team to even make contact with the baseball when that's all it would take to get a run home.

We have to be the stupidest team in baseball, and I'm tired of it. I have better ways to spend my nights than watching this team crap all over themselves in September. Just another baseball season in Milwaukee. Bad baseball mixed with fun, intelligent, articulate, loyal fans who deserve so much better. Maybe someday we'll actually be rewarded for our loyalty, instead of getting (bleep)ed on.

(If the self-censorship isn't kosher, I apologize. I'll freely admit to being too lazy to look up the rules right now. If it needs to be toned down, I will gladly do that. If it doesn't, I'd prefer that the message stay intact. There is a genuine frustration that I think this conveys in the best possible way without saying really naughty things.)

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I held out a lot longer than most but the Brewers emotionally broke me today. That's not to say that I think the Brewers hate me or aren't trying hard. It's also not to say that I think the Brewers have no chance at making the playoffs. I just don't feel like watching the Brewers being outside, looking in at this point. If they win 4 of their next 6 and give themselves a real shot going into that last series, I'll be watching and cheering. Right now, though, I don't think I'll be able to muster up any disappointment if the Brewers lay an egg in Cincinnati.

I'm not done yet. I like to have something to be burningly angry about, while at the same time having something really imporbable to hope for. Without looking, I think this may be the definition of masochist. As soon as the elimination becomes official, I'll be done with baseball for the year though. The big problem from a time saving perspective is that the Brewers did such a nice job up until Sept 1 that their death throes will be prolonged, and probably ugly. The only time I'll be missing anything is when football is on. Badgers picked a bad week for a bye, as that would be a nice diversion on Saturday. Lots of other good games to watch though.

No playoffs for me, unless the improbable happens and the Brewers find their way in. I'll definitely having an 'anti-' rooting interest at stake, but these playofs will just be too much to bear. I'm so entrenched in this feeling I'm even planning on passing up a chance to go the see live playoff ball in the Cities in the event the Twins can break out of their death spiral.

Was able to sell my tickets and parking pass for the last Sunday game about an hour ago (to someone from IL of course). And I'd suggest that the Brewers be very prompt returning our playoff ticket refunds. I know how fast electronics payment work these days. Don't give us some 4-6 week delay or something in a desperate attempt to get me to renew, cause that's not happening.

I'll still go to games next year, but not nearly as many, and they will be ones with discounts, or below-face value tickets from eBay/Stubhub. If I want season tickets to see a team who doesn't care, I'll go see the Bucks - they are much cheaper.

I'm there 'til the end. I already feel like I'm part of the team, and I hate quitters so I'm sticking with it.

Come on, my favorite sport, baseball, will only be around for about 6 weeks total anyways. I hate winter just because of the lack of baseball. Add the fact that I will only be able to see the Brewers play 9 more times and I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible. It's almost like my best friends and I have been hanging out for the past 6 months but are about to leave for the next six and I won't even be able to see them or speak with them. So I have to get the most out of my remaining 9 days.

Call me an optimist, but I just love baseball and the Brewers.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I already feel like I'm part of the team, and I hate quitters so I'm sticking with it.

I battled this in my mind. I really don't like the idea of "quitting on your team".

In the same breath, however, I don't feel like I'm quitting on my team. Had I not already endured 20+ seasons of having my hopes dashed, I'd think I was quitting. If I didn't know that I'd be around again next season with the same hopes, I'd think I was quitting.

I just can't take any more kicks in the teeth, punches in the stomach, or slaps to the face. Not now. Maybe again next year. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

It was a tough loss, and I couldn't have been more dissapointed, but I definitely have not given up on this team. There are only 9 games left, and I might as well stick it out until the end of the season. At least they showed some life this series.

I'm so miserable right now, words cannot describe. I know these guys feel the same way. It's not a lack of effort, even Ned was trying his best, it's just so many things. I will be back at the TV tomorrow and again all weekend rooting them on to the bitter end, no matter how excuciating losses like these are. I just have to believe it will make winning that much sweeter, if and when it ever truly comes.

Right now, though, I don't think I'll be able to muster up any disappointment if the Brewers lay an egg in Cincinnati.

I've been that way since the start of the Philly series. I fully expected them to lose at least three of the games or get swept. When the sweep did happen, i noticed that it barely even stung to me, it was more of a oh well saw that coming feeling.

Today's game got to me some given how brutal the loss was, but it didn't linger with me like bad and critical losses of teams i follow generally can. Not exactly an oh well for today, but for whatever reason, when i expect failure from teams i follow, losses don't hurt as much, even gut punches like today.

I'll keep watching, but thankfully for my acid reflux, all the years of failure by the Brewers have just conditioned me to expect the worst and i'm not dying with each loss like many of you are. We are like the Arizona Cardinals in football. Generally a terrible franchise/team for a long time, but even when the talent looks good, they find some way to fall short.

I'm not done yet, but I entertained the thought for quite some time after today's debacle. I actually took a week of vacation next week to go to the final 4 games and was hoping to be there when we clinched a playoff spot. It doesn't look like that's going to happen any more, but we still have a chance. Like others have said, I go through withdrawl all offseason, so I can't stop watching now.

Today was the first time all season that I actually screamed at the TV when Soto hit that homer. By the end, I just sat there in amazement and shock while we just let it slip away once again. I must be more emo than I ever thought, cause I actually want to keep putting myself through this until the end.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Like others have said, I get so sick of this team yet I always come back and at least watch parts of the games then get sucked back in when they win 2 in a row.

What's really killing me is that this team will be a lot worse next year. No Sabathia, no Sheets (I know he's always hurt but still), and the same core of non-fundamentlly sound players. I think the luster of the Braun/Fielder/Hardy/Hart/Weeks class is wearing off. Not to say that some of they guys aren't going to be great MLB players but I can't fathom Doug Melvin being able to put together a better team than this years. And look where it's gotten us.....watching other teams celebrate in October.

I was unfortunely in class all day, but I had updates on my phone. I'm just so mad because i know that every game counts. It becomes real difficult to watch this team everyday, but I got a special feeling that this is a year we can make the playoffs. yeah, I'm crazy, but lately they are coming around, and I still have hope. I've seen enough fight in this team this series than I did the last 2 weeks.

That being said, if this team can't beat the Reds and the Pirates and a resting Cub team to make the playoffs, then we don't deserve it. However, I'm there until the end. We haven't seen a playoff push since '82 so why not watch?

I was hopeful that today was going to be a win, and I was following the game on gamecast while I was doing some work at my desk. When I left my desk to teach 2 piano lessons, it was 5-2 Brewers in the 8th and I was confident that they would win. Imagine my shock when I get home and see it's 6-6 in the 12th. It's over for me. Done. Finished. I may try again when it is Spring, but I've got enough things going on in my life that the time and effort it has taken for me to follow the Brewers, especially now being out of the state. I can't do it.

Archived