Brewer Fanatic

05/19/2006 Twins (Liriano) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05 pm CST

JoeH33
Quote:
I have no problem with Ned trying to milk Davis out for everything he's got tonight. If I'm Ned, I'm thinking to myself with Hendrickson on the mound tomorrow, we may need to empty the bullpen and bring in everyone we've got to get through that one.

Dude...we have like 22 pitchers.

Do we really need to save one for tomorrow? If that's the case, why are a half-dozen of those guys on the team?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I have no problem with Ned trying to milk Davis out for everything he's got tonight. If I'm Ned, I'm thinking to myself with Hendrickson on the mound tomorrow, we may need to empty the bullpen and bring in everyone we've got to get through that one.

It would take an 18 inning game to empty that bullpen with all its members.. and if that is need that is why you have Demaria and Lehr let them get killed tomorrow.. I still think they could have afforded to use Wise in the 8th and then Turnbow / Cappy in the 9th depending on the situation.

Quote:
Do we really need to save one for tomorrow? If that's the case, why are a half-dozen of those guys on the team?

Because Corey Koskie always dreamt of being a backup SS? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Um...

Do these dopes in the broadcast booth realize that a three-run home run doesn't do us a lot of good right now? We're better off stringing together a few doubles.

Not that it matters, since Jenkins is about to golf at strike three anyway.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
The guy hasn't hit anything lately, and Capellan threw him a pitch that Trowekamp could have hit out of there.

let's not get out of control.. maybe with my new Sasquatch driver I could have hit one that far.

Don't get all hot and bothered about this one. We were due for a loss anyways. This Brewers team is good but we certainly are not the type of team to rattle off 7,8,9 wins in a row. I say that confidently because we are too inconsistent of a hitting team. Our batting averages may look good but truthfully, this team is very hit or miss when it comes to swinging the bats and we are especially horrible vs. pitchers making their MLB debut or callups from AAA. Having strikeout prone hitters throughout your lineup is never a helpful thing either. Finally, I back up my point about stringing wins together by making you aware of the fact we have Ben Hendrickson and Dana Eveland in our rotation now. Neither of those two guys strike fear into anyone.

Quote:
Finally, I back up my point about stringing wins together by making you aware of the fact we have Ben Hendrickson and Dana Eveland in our rotation now. Neither of those two guys strike fear into anyone.

So that underscores the need to take advantage of a night where your starter goes seven and allows two runs.

Instead, Yost get greedy because he has apparently forgotten that he has more people in the bullpen than he has in the stands for some of those early April games.

Face it: Ned's an idiot. And the sooner someone important realizes it, the sooner that this team might be better than the middle of the pack in the Central.

I thought we had 22 pitchers on the roster so he wouldn't have to stretch out his starters, not so he could do it anyway because his gut tells him to.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

This is frustrating, and leaving Davis in for the eighth was a mistake, but I'm not calling for Yost's head yet.

There were other mistakes - Bill Hall pops up a home run pitch with two in scoring position, and Lee doesn't even try to make a play of it.

Lee's failure to get that pop-up into shallow left, consistent failure to get runners in scoring position in...

There's more to this than just leaving Davis in too long. After all, Latin Cappy did serve up a meatball to Batista.

Face it: Ned's an idiot. And the sooner someone important realizes it, the sooner that this team might be better than the middle of the pack in the Central.

Ned is not an "idiot." Ned is, however, very very stubborn. He seems always intent on getting the starting pitcher the win. He typically keeps pitchers in a little longer than he should and did the same thing in recent years with the likes of Wes Helms and Russell Branyan, players who didn't earn their PT but still got the reps because Ned was a "stick with 'em" type of manager. He needs to set his ego aside and start to manage with his brain, not his heart. Try to be less of a player's manager. Manage to win, not to make friends.

Quote:
Don't get all hot and bothered about this one. We were due for a loss anyways. This Brewers team is good but we certainly are not the type of team to rattle off 7,8,9 wins in a row.

I know this isn't really what you meant.... but the 2003 Brewers team pretty much stunk. And they won 10 in a row. They were 27 games under .500 when the streak started. So I don't think it's so much a matter of how good you are as it is things clicking for you at the right time. We're going to need them to click and put together at least some decent streaks together this season if we're going to contend -- because we seem to lose in streaks, too. Man I miss Sheets, Okha, Helling. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I can already name 2 out 3 guys that could immediately say goodbye to Milwaukee if they were all suddenly to get healthy...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived