Brewer Fanatic

05/19/2006 Twins (Liriano) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05 pm CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job holding the runner, Jose. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

This is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as Bill rolling out the "Gardenhire's playing a National League style of baseball here". Hey, dope...the Twins have been playing like this for the better part of a decade now, and they've had at least three and probably four teams that were much better at it than this one.

And why is it a "National League style"? That's the stupidest stereotype in baseball, even worse than the White Sox/"smallball" craze from last year.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
Its fairly simple, the pitchers spot is up next inning and Ned hates having to pull a relief pitcher for a pinch hitter. So a tired Davis goes back out.

That is easily remedied if you send down Demaria and bring up another position player.

Maybe if they bring up Rotino they could maybe use Miller to pinch hit for once or even better pinch hit for Moeller.

Seriously, could we get a manager?

This inning never should have happened, except that we have no bench and Ned insists on putting an obviously gassed starter back out there for more.

Nothing like getting outmanaged by an idiot, Ned. Nice work. I didn't think it was possible, since not even Kansas City gets outmanaged by Gardenhire.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

It has nothing to do with position players, Ned just wants the option to have his relief pitchers pitch two innings even if it is the 8th inning. And so Davis gets screwed over for one run by bad defense and two runs by bad managing and bad defense.

Bruce said it best. Why in the heck was Davis even out there for the 8th? To have a chance at lowering his ERA? That is the only reason I can think of. He was already over 105 pitches, was laboring on the 1st batter and just looked whipped. Chalk this one up to having a moron for a manager.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Ned is starting to look like a manager who was great at instilling the work ethic and discipline to get to being a .500 team, but not the guy who can lead the Brewers back to the top.... I know, I know: small sample rate...

Quote:
It has nothing to do with position players, Ned just wants the option to have his relief pitchers pitch two innings even if it is the 8th inning. And so Davis gets screwed over for one run by bad defense and two runs by bad managing and bad defense.

I don't care what it is.

You have to practically try to make Gardenhire look good. Jerry Manuel was really good at it.

It's nights like this that convince me that this team is going nowhere with that guy in the dugout.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I have no problem with Ned trying to milk Davis out for everything he's got tonight. If I'm Ned, I'm thinking to myself with Hendrickson on the mound tomorrow, we may need to empty the bullpen and bring in everyone we've got to get through that one.

Well, if we can't score some runs tomorrow night, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't know that I'd trust Baker to be able to consistently get UW-Milwaukee hitters out. He's not as much of a headcase as Lohse is, but he's very inconsistent.

As for giving up a booming grand slam to Tony Batista, who is only getting at-bats right now because he makes $1.25 million and is too expensive to bench, I don't know what to say. The guy hasn't hit anything lately, and Capellan threw him a pitch that Trowekamp could have hit out of there.

On the bright side of that, at least now maybe Daron and Bill will stop acting like Capellan's on the fast track to the All-Star Game in Pittsburgh.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived