Brewer Fanatic

37th Ryder Cup Matches - 9/18 - 9/21 -- Europe (Faldo) at U.S.A. (Azinger)

bjkrautk

I've been really impressed with the shot-making the past couple days, a lot of fun to watch.

Boo and Kim are cracking me up with their antics, and one of my favorites, Kenny Perry is on FIRE right now. Sergio with a "Tin Cup" moment was fun as well.

Sounds like a raucous atmosphere at Valhalla... great TV. Hopefully the Yanks can hold on and bring back the cup.

Anthony Kim wins 5&4 over Sergio Garcia, who had just killed the U.S. team in the prior two cups.

Both captains knew what they were doing with the first match; look for Kim to stick around the matches they think can turn...in order to give an emotional boost and rally the crowds.

Mickelson....ugh. (My one real gripe with Azinger was putting Mickelson out in the Saturday 4-ball, when he was pushing everything to the left in the morning.)

Perry, back to 3up :D

Great finish!

The U.S. rookies (Kim, Mahan, Weekly, Holmes, Stricker & Curtis) were the in-calculable factor when looking at this team going in. Curtis struggled most, and he was an automatic qualifier (plus, he still might win his singles match).

There's a real possibility that Harrington, Westwood, and Garcia may go winless in this Ryder Cup. Talk about turning the tables.

Archived