Brewer Fanatic

9/18/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Harden): 1:20 PM CDT

wibadgers23
I'm not going to blame JJ there. Sounds like he put 2 great swings on the ball and go hosed by the wind. Mind you I am listening on the radio, so if the visuals show otherwise please forgive me

That's pretty much spot on. He had some good swings and if there was no wind the ball he hit in play would have been a grand slam.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's an idea for any area reporters reading. Next time Corey Hart complains about the team being booed, please reference this inning to him and see how he responds. Hell, if I was in that dugout as one of the players I would have booed that inning. Dave I know you are a pitcher, but there are 10 year olds playing little league all acoss the country that wouldn't make that stupid of a baserunning mistake. Only your 2008 Milwaukee Brewers could have a guy on second with one out, hit a double and not score in the inning. Absolutely pathetic.

Well that should just about do it as I don't see us scoring any more this game.
Man, you're just the eternal optimist aren't you?

this is the clown who still thinks it's hilarious to make fat jokes about Prince, right? just go back to the JS Online forum; you add nothing to this community.

Samardzija against Hart next inning. That won't be pretty, Samardzija has nasty stuff. Hopefully he'll only pitch to Hart and then Lou will play the numbers and bring in Cotts to face Counsell. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

The funny thing is, for the most part, the Brewers have had good at bats today. Harden was going away (which is probably part of the game plan with the wind) and the Brewers are hitting it where it's pitched but once it gets into the wind the ball gets knocked down and are fairly routine outs. Frustrating to be sure.

we drove him to 120ish pitches in 5 innings

I can't believe we drove him to 120 pitches in 5 innings and have ONE hit to show for it.

True, but based off trwi7's comment about how they're actually hitting the ball on the nose today, and if they're being selective finally, I can't be as upset about 1 hit. Sometimes the breaks don't go your way. I'd be far less upset about this collapse if we hadn't been looking like amateurs most of the time. Today doesn't sound like that's really the case. But that's just the impression I have from sitting at my computer.

Archived