Brewer Fanatic

9/18/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Harden): 1:20 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm gonna have a glass of Grey Goose and Tonic, then a few shots of Knob with my neighbors who are huge Brewer fans like us. Heading out the door nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

It's a good thing we're all not neighbors because we'd have one heck of a wasted neighborhood tonight.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

This team has talent, but it still seems bush. A playoff appearance would just be embarrassing.

Granted they have superior talent, but the Cubs provided a good example of what a professional baseball team looks like. We are light years away from that, and the Cubs, Mets, and Phillies in particular have deminstrated that very well. Even though the Cubs are obviously better, a team of professionals in the position the Brewers were in, finishes that game today.

I'm done watching the Brewers this year, at the very least.

I admire your courage and self-control. I'll be back tomorrow night for some more abuse. And the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that, etc.

It's going to be a long, cold winter.

All of the following words are accurate to describe today's loss:

Brutal. Horrific. Chokealicious. Disappointing. Awful. Frustrating. Potentially fatal.

It is tough to give away games when you're chasing and need help already. Granted, this game probably makes up for last night where the Cubs had every chance to win and fell flat on their face, but still.

It's a sprint to the finish and so far we've dropped the baton and now we just kicked it forward in our attempt to pick it up. Hopefully the Mets will stumble and we'll run a clean race from here.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Guys,

I love you all...I truly do, and I do not post all that much but lurk often. Today's game hurt almost as much as losing in the State basketball tournament at the Field House playing for the State Championship on a half court shot in double overtime at the buzzer with the score tied. True story, from the Division III finals in 1992. It has been a joy to watch this team come up throughout the past 5 or so years. Most of us have been here much longer. I guess what I'm trying to say is this absurdly tormenting game of baseball is just that...brutally tormenting at times, but the sun will come up tomorrow and we'll still somehow have a chance at it. I suggest you all follow theraputic routes tonight which should include alcohol, your loved ones, and maybe the office which I'm going to get to with my wife as soon as I'm done. I'd like to sacrifice a live chicken, but instead will sacrifice all the cans of miller lite in my house....you see I went to a wedding Labor Day weekend and came home from Iowa with all kinds of canned miller lite when my fridge is always dominated by bottles of the stuff. Figure out what you did on Labor Day weekend...right the wrong...and lets get these goocher's, bad karma, or anything else superstistious out of our collective houses. I remember how dead the Rockies were last year at this point...it can happen, and I'm in true hopes it will so I can realize that boyhood dream of sitting in County Stadium turned Miller Park on a cool Fall evening watching playoff baseball. There is time...we can, and we will. Cue up Braveheart, Miracle, & Hoosiers 'cause we got some work to do! I do love you guys no matter what and that's what makes us Brewer fans no matter if the sky is falling bricks or ticker tape! Peace,

Bernie-

Today's game hurt almost as much as losing in the State basketball tournament at the Field House playing for the State Championship on a half court shot in double overtime at the buzzer with the score tied. True story, from the Division III finals in 1992.
Ohhh, I remember that. St. Croix Falls. Obviously, Bernie Crewer is from Columbus.

I guess this is where the Brewers pick themselves up, dust themselves off and keep trying? Sorry, that's all I've got.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

By the way, just to make everyone feel even better, Soto hurt his hand early in the game and still hit the homer in the 9th. It's hurt bad enough where he was scratched from today's game (but it's not broken). And, of course, Zambrano has given up 7 runs in two innings.

Archived