Brewer Fanatic

9/18/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Harden): 1:20 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding the rusty closer...I've looked at that, and I think he may actually just have hit the wall. He's a rubber arm, but he has done very little time as a closer prior to this year. I'm afraid we may have to replace him in that role immediately.

So, with as hot (and angry) the Fielder is, this inning will he swing so hard that:

A) a line drive takes off Wood's head

B) a monster shot takes out windows across the street

C) swings & misses an epheus pitch and tears his rib cage muscles apart, bringing a symbolic end to the Brewers season (remember how the 3B black hole was re-born to start the dog days of summer swoon)

Do you really think this crap happens to the Astros or the Cardinals?
This has happened to the Cardinals repeatedly this season.
Nope. That happened in the middle of the season. Completely different level of pressure and stakes. This didn't happen in any of the seasons where they were in a playoff race late I'm sure. Do people need to be punched in the face with the fact that we have unique ability to bend under pressure when the stakes are high? Surely, I shouldn't have to convince a Brewer fan anymore. Where have you been the last 17 years? Same teams choking as last year: Brewers and Mets.

Archived