Brewer Fanatic

05/21/2006 Twins (Bonser) @ Brewers (Capuano) 1:05 pm CST

hawing
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, even when Matt Wise is off, he can still be pretty darn good...

just a little rusty, that's all.

So mark it down as 3 solid relievers and put a TBD on Ned's new toy, Shouse. I'll say, if used right, we could put him on that list.. but not against anyone that can hit lefties. *AHEM* Howard...

Turnbow

Wise

JDLR

-and maybe-

Shouse

HOLY MOELLER! ...just wanted to say that..

I think most hit and runs are stupid and I think that last one was no exception. Clark wouldn't have taken a weak flail at that pitch without the hit and run, and there would've been no double play to avoid. It rarely works and usually just either does the same thing a bunt would do or gets a guy thrown out at 2nd by a mile.

ahhhh, a win.

Young team. Young players. There will be the occasional lulls. You know Friday was ALOT like today's game. If DD can make the pitches to end his inning and hand it over to Wise, we have the exact same scenario as today. Instead Cappy2 has a bad outing, and its game over.. he's going to have those.. Ben Hendrickson had a bad outing, Billy had 2 errors, what are you gonna do.. We limited the damage to our record and a 6-3 homestand against Philly, New York, and Minnesota is acceptable. You knew that Minny was too good to slump for too long.. they just took it out on us...

On to Cincy where we have a chance to, i believe, leapfrog them in the standings.

Here's to Cappy, by the way. (I'm holding a beer. It's cold.)

Quote:
You knew that Minny was too good to slump for too long.. they just took it out on us...

I don't know about that. This team is a poor hitting team and likely will be all season. The bullpen isn't as strong as it has been in past years and other than Santana they have pretty mediocre pitching. I think the Twins have a legit shot at ending the year 10 games under .500 in that division.

i think they have no shot at the playoffs, however that's mostly because they are a younger team and younger teams are very inconsistent.

Funny thing is we got beat by guys that are just plain awful the whole rest of the year.. or maybe it's just that i dont like them at all... either one.. (Batista)

I just grateful they got the win yesterday. They couldn't get swept by MN of all teams not when they just swept the Phillies who are way much better than MN.

Good win for the Brewers.

Here's to cheering the offense because they will need it in Cinci.

Archived