Brewer Fanatic

05/21/2006 Twins (Bonser) @ Brewers (Capuano) 1:05 pm CST

hawing

Well,

I made a bare bones post to start last Sunday's IGT and the Brewers won four in a row. Probably coincidence; but how much worse can it get than last night?

Boof vs. Cappy. I hope that by the end of the afternoon, my rhetorical question above has no specific answer. My first retro Sunday and I am hoping to be 5-1 on games viewed in person once it ends.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, for as bad as we have gotten beat these last two games.... they were only two games. There were a LOT of things that went wrong... just incredibly wrong. I guess the first game really wasn't as bad until the grand slam. If we can get a win today, this series won't be a total disaster. We only lose one game in the standings, and the homestand is still 6-3.

Let's do it, Cap!

Considering the Twins struggles before this series, there has to be holes in their bats somewhere, right? Hopefully Capuano can find them. After last night, I don't ever want to see our bullpen for more than 2 innings again.

You know, although there have been only three posts before this one, I really like the optimism shown so far...

I thought this thread would reak of "Why does this team sucl?" from the start.

I like our chances with Cappy, though it is a retro Sunday, which in the past has meant either getting blown out or blowing a save, but still, like I said, I like our chances.

Quote:
2006: "The Hunt For Ned's October"

oh wow... this is instantly going into my top 5 most clever things of the year. the other four are probably from arrested development.

lets grab a win today to close out a 6-3 homestand. against the mets, phillies, and twins? c'mon! huge.

Quote:
Clark is back in the leadoff spot and Cirillo is at 2nd, batting 2nd today. Weeks with the day off. Interesting.

Very interesting, especially considering that Weeks hit very well yesterday. Yost seems to have a penchant for sitting players down the day after they hit HR's...

That said, I'm very optimistic about this team and about their chances to win today...

Here is the Pretty Lineup

Minnesota Milwaukee --------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- LF Ford, Lew 1 6 .245 CF Clark, Brady 1 8 .256 2B Castillo, Luis 2 20 .336 2B Cirillo, Jeff 1 4 .381 C Mauer, Joe 3 21 .336 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 29 .278 CF Hunter, Torii 8 28 .267 LF Lee, Carlos 15 35 .277 RF Cuddyer, Michael 4 17 .320 1B Fielder, Prince 8 24 .308 1B Morneau, Justin 9 33 .243 SS Hall, Bill 9 19 .294 3B Batista, Tony 4 16 .242 3B Koskie, Corey 5 16 .282 SS Punto, Nick 0 2 .304 C Miller, Damian 4 21 .306 P Bonser, Boof (0-0, 0.00) P Capuano, Chris (4-3, 2.80) 

Archived