Brewer Fanatic

Should Corey Hart be moved to 1b?

JJHardy7
Two week, four weeks, potato potahto... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Last 28 days for Hart: .202/.242/.344/.587

That's Counsell-esque

Counsell should take offense to that statement. His .342 OBP this year would make Corey blush.

Now that SLG % is something Craig might be jealous of. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Every time I see Nelson at the plate, I think Prince is there. He could play OF, but I would have to agree he'd really have to hit.

That said, the bat plays, and Brad is supposedly faster than many. I suppose if Jack cust can play LF/RF, Brad can to...he just has to hit like Jack.

No I don't think Hart should be at first. I would much rather have Nelson or Gamel there than Hart.

ALso, Hart should not be our starting right fielder for the rest of the season. He has looked just awful. I have to believe that he has single handedly cost us at least a run a game for the last week or so and its not like he is just having bad luck hitting bullets right at someone. He is just flailing away at every single pitch thrown his way.

Hart doesn't hit well enough to be a 1B. I don't think his OPS would even make league average.

That's the concern for me. I have no problems with his defense in RF, and think he's better than many fans are giving him credit for. He's not top-tier defensively, but he's certainly fine at RF.

If we can acquire a better OPSing RFer than 1B at the same or similar price, it don't matter if he's below average OPS at 1B. Its all going to depend on our options and trade offers.

Archived