Brewer Fanatic

05/20/2006 Twins (Baker) @ Brewers (Hendrickson) 6:05 pm CST

steve267268

Just got back from the game. Yes, I left early as I didn't want to spend an hour and a half waiting in traffic in the parking lot. The parking lots were packed in tighter than I'd ever seen before...there was litterally one lane for cars to leave out of in our lot.

Anyway, without reading the entire in-game thread, this game was a joke. I guess I'd rather get blown out than blow a 3 run lead in the ninth, but still, we looked like a AAA team out there tonight. Hendrikson better not ever suit up in a Brewers uniform again. He has NOTHING. Thankfully it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out and I'm sure Melvin will be giving him a one way ticket to Nashville soon. If there is anything positive that could've come out of tonight, it's that this has to send a message to Doug M. that Hendrickson and Eveland just aren't going to cut it....especially both in the same rotation.

So here we are again, licking our wounds wondering how the Brewers can look so good and so bad in one week. I'm just thankful we weren't playing the Cubs because they're fans are ten times worse than Twins fans. Tomorrow is a must win. We can't head out on a 10 game road trip having lost three just been swept at home.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Brewers should go back to scheduling Sat. afternoon games. The Brewers were 4-0 in April in Sat. afternoon games and are now 0-3 in Sat. night games in May.

EDIT: I do realise 3 were on the road and out of their control.

From the first page of this thread:

Tonight's game has 10-8 written all over it. Hopefully we have 10.

You were half right, I guess. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/indifferent.gif &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

What a hapless mound performance. I'm not sure I have the heart to consult the boxscore.

They can't look at this and justify keeping BenHen. Can they?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Well i stayed the whole game...

Not sure why...

I guess the home runs were fun to watch? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I stayed basically just because there were so many drunk fans that were hilarious. Two brewer fans got taken by security and we definitely gave them a standing ovation; they were actually true fans, it was nice to see. I hate when there actually is a chance to score, and someone stands up, and the people behind you yell at them to sit down... Especially when it's in the seventh when there are about 30,000 open seats, and you could easily move...

Capuano mini bobblhead was cool. Although the ushers didn't believe I was 16 (i wouldn't believe I were 16 either...) and had to show my I.D. all 4 times i went in. Felt like I was ordering beer or something.

Glad to see the cubbies get destroyed again. I mean heck, we lost by less than them tonight http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif Nice to also see Mabry get owned in the fight, as well as all cubbies did in the fight. Who wants to put money down that Zambrano pegs pierzyinski (sp?) tomorrow?

Oh, and I also did like the tribute to kerby puckett on the cover of the gameday; that was cool. I have extras if anyone wants one as well.

Quote:
Last 7 games for the Brewers bullpen not including today.

23.1 ip, 24 h, 14 r, 11 er, 6bb, 21k

Thats not too bad.

Well, that's a 4.58 ERA....

Including tonight, over the last 8 games, it'd be 32.1 IP, with a 1.75 WHIP, and a 7.11 ERA. If those are not too bad numbers, your expectations of this bullpen were astronomically lower than mine...

I can't remember being at a game with so many foul balls.

For a while there we were on pace to break the record for longest 9-inning game.

Weeks' homer in the 9th was incredible...Too bad it will be burried in Twins highlights. It never got that high off that ground, but it cleared the Brewers bullpen easily. I'd argue he hit that one as hard as he did in St. Louis last year, only not as high.

Hendrickson is garbage, but I don't think I need to elaborate on that.

Cappy on the mound today. If he goes 7 strong at least, we can bring in Wise and Turnbow (hopefully), both who didn't play yesterday, and our bullpen will have recovered from last nights debacle. (Major *knock on wood*).

Let's see another 10 runs today, eh? I like the Twins, but getting swept by them would hurt.

Well my friend next to me kept suggesting that we leave in the 7th or 8th inning, but honestly, the traffic would have been worse leaving then, than leaving at the end of the game. More people left early than stayed http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I left the game at the end of the 8th inning. I couldn't stand all the Twins fans that were around me. There was one woman who my 7 year old daughter was getting annoyed at and what a long game.

I was mad that I missed Rickie's Home Run but I at least got to see the other 3.

Little Ben again sucked today. The whole stadium echoed in Boo's when he walked off.

JDLR pitched well in relief until his walks. To his credit though 61 pitches was alot.

Archived