Brewer Fanatic

05/20/2006 Twins (Baker) @ Brewers (Hendrickson) 6:05 pm CST

steve267268

Hall's play was bad, but not because of a clear lack of effort like Carlos has displayed in this series.

I would hardly call Carlos' error a lack of effort. I agree that at times he doesn't go all out to make the play and those plays he should get grief, but I wouldn't say that play is a good example of lack of hustle. He overran the ball, i think because he took his eye off the ball to check the runners.

And Rickie's defense is simply horrible, wouldn't you agree?

I agree completely. Before JJ got hurt I was pimping Hall for 2B and Weeks for CF as our long-term plan simply because I don't see Weeks making any progress that would indicate he'll ever be a passable 2B.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I come home from a nice dinner of Spiedini and two bottles of wine to see that Hendrickson gave up 6 in the first and Bonds tied the Babe.

Neither of these surprise me, but both have taken the edge of the food/wine buzz and made me sad.

Such is baseball and life.

I would like to know what gets into these otherwise mediocre ball players like Lew Ford that they come into Milwaukee and they steal bases at will nearly doubling their season total in two games. Then Baker a guy who in three previous starts this month had a 7+ ERA becomes the second coming of Roger Clemens?

The true sign that the Brewers have taken the next step into the echelon of competing teams is when these mediocre clubs like the Twins come to town and get their ears pinned back, not when they come in and put on a school on how to win games.

The true sign that the Brewers have taken the next step into the echelon of competing teams is when these mediocre clubs like the Twins come to town and get their ears pinned back, not when they come in and put on a school on how to win games.

Even good teams have poor streaks/series. Good teams don't have a Ben Hendrickson in their rotation or a Justin Lehr coming out of the bullpen.

Community Moderator

Even good teams have poor streaks/series.

Dave is right, ie see the two series vs. the Mets and Phillies that we've just completed.

Our depth is getting better (Hall for JJ, a glut of OFers), but we're not where we need to be yet on the staff.

Why do we continue to pitch Justin Lehr if he never does good?! Better yet, why is he on the damn roster?! He's not good. He can never keep the score the way it is, this is beyond pathetic. I'm getting so frustrated.

The Brewers should get a nice group discount rate on tickets to Nashville.

yeah, but my feelings are Rent-A-Heap would be too good for the lot we'll be sending down.

I like what the Twins did to Lohse by sending him down. A 6-year veteran who was pitching like absolute crap was sent down to AAA to ride the buses until he realizes what he needs to do to be a major league pitcher.

Well this game is toast. Even a chick-flick would be better than this game. My hats off to anyone who makes it through this game.

The injuries have stretched our pitching. I have to believe Melvin is bringing up those he thinks can help. It is not like he has turned stupid.

That said, obviously the AAA depth is not there.

Helling has to get back, but who knows what we will see.

This team is fun, and going to give us some great days, but if the injured pitchers don't make it back, it will be an up and down year.

The Brewers should get a nice group discount rate on tickets to Nashville. peavy fury

Now -that- was funny. I'm done now though. No reason to hang around for this crappy game.

At least when Ben Hendrickson starts a game, he is gone pretty quickly.

Ben 'the Disaster' Hendrickson: Proving beyond a doubt that 85 MPH fastballs don't fool anybody.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Community Moderator

yeah, but my feelings are Rent-A-Heap would be too good for the lot we'll be sending down.

No kidding.

Seriously, Hendrickson, Lehr, and Demaria to AAA and Sarfate (or Jackson), Barnwell, and Krynzel to Milwaukee ASAP, please.

You could even throw in a Moeller-for-Rivera swap, and I'm a real happy camper. Not even a problem with the 40 man.

Bill Hall has an OPS of close to 4 trillion.

Actually, only .965. During his slump his OPS dipped under .950! I was really worried about the kid. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived