Brewer Fanatic

9/17/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Marquis): 7:05 PM CDT... Biggest start of Ben's career?

naivin
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, assuming the worst and ignoring the fact it could just be another tight groin or something, does this mean Manny Parra gets thrust back into the rotation out of necessity? Or do they just give some garbage starts to DiFelice?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Nobody said he wants to be hurt. Doesn't change the fact that he usually is.

My point was simply that I'll NEVER understanding people getting angry AT a player for getting hurt. Get angry/sad/frustrated at the SITUATION and you'll hear nothing from me. But at the PLAYER? It's like getting mad at someone for getting hit by a car.

Won't have to worry about Sheets getting hurt, so that has to make the Brewers better, right? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
No, but here's a thought...how about we take that $12million, even increase it a little and sign somebody who might consstently make (and finish) 30+ starts. I do think spending that money on the mound as opposed to the DL might make the Brewers better.

Sheets doesn't want to be hurt, but this is typical. I know we'll see threads that say 'it's not arm injuries, it's not major, it's all a fluke'. Well what the heck is this now? I don't care if it's arm injuries or what. He can't stay healthy. No way in hell I sign him to the dollars we've been talking about. It's not 'arm injuries', but I can't pay Sheets that type of money. No way no how and he may have just been the final blow to the Brewers not making the playoffs. I thought Ben was the golden boy though?

On a side note, it will be interesting to see how the bullpen does. I've made a few posts about how the guys called up were barely used. I hope they've been pitching a lot on the side or else we really don't have a 'long' guy.

Archived