Brewer Fanatic

9/17/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cubs (Marquis): 7:05 PM CDT... Biggest start of Ben's career?

naivin
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody said he wants to be hurt. Doesn't change the fact that he usually is.

My point was simply that I'll NEVER understanding people getting angry AT a player for getting hurt. Get angry/sad/frustrated at the SITUATION and you'll hear nothing from me. But at the PLAYER? It's like getting mad at someone for getting hit by a car.

I know I am late to the party here on this but there is the difference between being hurt and injured.. too often with Sheets it is the precautionary thing... and yes there is a lot of future money on the line but he is being paid a lot of money to pitch for the Brewers. I play through injuries all the time and I don't paid a penny so defend Jen Sheets all you want but I am sorry in a playoff race you have to suck it up and pitch through things like split ends.. and yes I realize this rant is childish and immature but I am out of patience with him at this point.

Is the answer to my 12-month old signature really going to be: injured arm while standing in the batters box?

I mean, really?

Or will today just be considered his bullpen session and he'll be on the hill in 3 days?

Pretty funny.

I'll say now, knowing very little that he'll start Saturday. Either that or he'll have surgery Saturday.

I play through injuries all the time and I don't paid a penny so defend Jen Sheets all you want but I am sorry in a playoff race you have to suck it up and pitch through things like split ends.. and yes I realize this rant is childish and immature but I am out of patience with him at this point.
You play through injuries, but you aren't risking millions of dollars by doing so. At the same time, you do not have an organization protecting you from serious injury because it invested millions in you.

You play through injuries, but you aren't risking millions of dollars by doing so. At the same time, you do not have an organization protecting you from serious injury because it invested millions in you.
Don't you think if you have been paid around $50 millions of dollars by an organization that you have some personal responsibility to play through minor injuries? It is not like we are talking a shoulder or an elbow. I doubt you will find many in the Brewers organization who are happy with him making a selfish decision.

Archived