Brewer Fanatic

Riske leaves team; surgery scheduled for 9/23

bjkrautk

Wasn't there a mention of a bone spur in his elbow at the time he was on the DL for the hyperextended elbow? I generally remember hearing that on the radio or something and thinking, hmm, that sounds worse than just a hyperextended elbow.

I wonder how much of Riske's season was hampered by injury now.

Edit: As seen on WTMJ! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I thought he was one of the better signings in MLB this year; then he failed to perform. This is good news; he won't come in and blow anymore leads, Gagne will ride solo on that from now on, plus it suggests his poor performance was due to injury. Hopefully he returns to form and pitches well next year.

Riske did pitch well except when bothered. He could go on the 60 day DL as well, if the Crew sees another option on the waiver wire.

Joe Bateman anyone? I do not really believe they are going to add anyone at this point, but I didn't see Todd Coffey either.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I know this is a heck of a thread bump -- hopefully David Riske is on to something here (hey, it's slow news around the holiday):

Donatelli begins treatment with an evaluation that includes muscle testing, flexibility testing and balance testing. He will then develop exercises to pinpoint target areas.

It's a method Donatelli said is not often used in sports rehab. Case in point, Donatelli recentely took on Milwaukee Brewers pitcher and Summerlin resident David Riske as a patient.

He said Riske had rehabbed injuries with position players in the past and later developed back and elbow injuries. But Donatelli put him on a program specific for pitchers and the pitcher's condition greatly improved.

Riske may be timing his appointments to match Natalie Gulbis' http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Archived