Brewer Fanatic

9/16/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Cubs (Dempster): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
Do we have even a good lead off hitter anyways? Durham would probably be the only other option with the players in the lineup today. I don't think thier is much of a difference between Cameron/Durham and Durham/Cameron. Svuem might think Cam might be the best of a horrible bunch of options.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we have even a good lead off hitter anyways? Durham would probably be the only other option with the players in the lineup today. I don't think thier is much of a difference between Cameron/Durham and Durham/Cameron. Svuem might think Cam might be the best of a horrible bunch of options.

Agreed. This should probably be considered a strike against Melvin, as opposed to an indictement of Sveost.

I'd say Weeks is the best option for leadoff but if he isn't in the next best is probably Hart or Cameron. No big issues with this.

The fact he strikes out a lot probably helps too, I know people always say you can't have a high K guy leading off but that is exactly the time that a K hurts you the least so I have never agreed with it. You want a high OBP guy, the actual strike out rates don't matter much.

For 3B I think all the options pretty much stink against righties. At least Counsell makes the plays defensively I guess.

It may not have a large impact on runs scored but the manager is still supposed to pick the best lineup. The only reason why Svuem would want Cam to lead off is because he thinks Durham is the more "professional hitter" of the two. So Cam will have less runners on base to best utilize his power but Durham will have more opportunities to either move the runner over or hit into a double play. That's why I think the majority of managers are interchangable. They all think roughly the same.

But I do agree that it's not worth getting worked up over. But you know what? Counsell is batting 7th, so this should be a day of celebration for me!

Everyone wants to bench Weeks, even though he's literally the only starter hitting in September.

THANK YOU!!

I was beginning to think I was the only one who has been looking at those numbers.

.303 BA, and a .439 OBP in September for Weeks. He is the only "regular" who is doing anything right now.

I'm not saying put him in against all RHP right now, but he better still start over half these remaining 12 games.

Here's another fun September stat, I found yesterday...

Ray freakin' Durham: 2 HRs

Braun, Hart, and Cameron combined: 2 HRs

#46 has the best post in this thread so far. Let's go Braun! Let's go Fielder! Let's go Hart! We need you now more than ever! We can still do this....Especially if NY Mets continue to struggle.

I personally like how he has Hart protecting Hardy.

We gotta win tonight with CC! Come on CC!

It may not have a large impact on runs scored but the manager is still supposed to pick the best lineup. The only reason why Svuem would want Cam to lead off is because he thinks Durham is the more "professional hitter" of the two. So Cam will have less runners on base to best utilize his power but Durham will have more opportunities to either move the runner over or hit into a double play. That's why I think the majority of managers are interchangable. They all think roughly the same.

But I do agree that it's not worth getting worked up over. But you know what? Counsell is batting 7th, so this should be a day of celebration for me!

I'd say Camerons speed gives marginal value ahead of Dempster for stolen bases and just general baserunning. Durham batting left handed with Cameron on first base is a marginal value as well. So overall I'd agree that Cameron ahead of Durham is the right choice. I think the difference is something under 10 runs per year though so I it is pretty marginal overall.

Any chance Durham could play 3rd? Start Weeks at 2nd and Durham at 3rd. Durham's range issue wouldn't be as much of a problem at 3rd.

This is what I was going to ask. Is his arm not 3rd base worthy? I liked the move to get Durham in place of struggling Weeks, but instead of being replaced, Weeks has been halfway decent, and now with Hall not coming around, Durham makes more sense at 3rd.

Unfortunately, he has played 1 whole inning at a defensive position other than 2b, and that was CF.

Archived