Brewer Fanatic

Hall activated from DL; Gwynn optioned to AAA

Since the couple of posts about this are tentatively worded, I'll make it clear: when a player is optioned, he has to stay in the minors for 10 days unless an injury during that time opens up a spot.

If the Brewers want an outfielder as soon as Monday, it'd have to be someone other than Gwynn or Gross. Gabe will be available in the middle of next week, and Gwynn will be available a few days after that.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm dancing in the street to hear that Gwynn is back where he belongs. Hopefully he's traded in the next 10 days. I can not stand having any more arguments with people who insist that Gwynn is a better ballplayer than OFs like Dunn.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I am giving myself a nice pat on the back. This weekend, brewerfan.net saw people fretting that Gwynn was sent down. Sometimes people just need to relax and realize that a roster is not static. This was a very predictable and logical move. The next logical move comes Sunday when Parra gets optioned to AAA with Vinny Rottino or Dillon coming up for a few days. It's possible that soon after that, the player could be sent down for Gross. But realistically, the team is better served by having both Gwynn and Gross in AAA for the time being.

Archived