Brewer Fanatic

Hall activated from DL; Gwynn optioned to AAA

Probably the most logical move IMO. 10 days from now, Gwynn could be back. However, my guess is that the Brewers carry the extra RP thru this weekend, then whenever Gross's 10 days in the minors is up, he comes back and a pitcher goes down.

Balfour will get DFA'd or Parra could get optioned (since he won't be able to pitch for several days after his start on Saturday) after this weekend.

I like it. Gwynn was going to be gone this weekend anyway, and with the doubleheader on Saturday, we need all the fresh arms we can spare.

Also, Graffanino has proven to be a decent option in the outfield, so I would say we're better off than we would have been at the beginning of the year with only Hart, Hall, Jenkins, and Mench in the outfield.

My guess is that after this road trip (or shortly after in Gwynn's case), Gwynn or Gross will be back up with the Crew.

Depending on what we do with trades, Gwynn will likely be back next week, they just wanted to have as many pitchers as possible taking into account that they play so many straight days and Parra can't go since he is starting the first half of the doubleheader on Saturday. Plus, Gwynn was going to leave for Cooperstown this weekend and wouldn't have been there anyhow.

We're fortunate that Graffanino can play outfield in a pinch, but I think you can expect to see Gwynn back and Balfour DFA'd unless something happens (injuries or trade)

Has anybody noticed how that AAA bad pitcher guy we have up here... well his last name can be arranged in comical ways to denote a base on balls!? LOL!

I "Grant you Ball-Four"... oh I could go on all day like that.

I have noticed that the Crew hasn't had a real need this year for the Donkey Dessens mop-up monkey role. Never seem to be blown out in the 2nd inning and have a rubber armer go in there... and when we do go up by 5 or more Yost just throws Wise in there to make sure people are paying attention. If I am Tony I am slightly peeved. Accomodating the Hall of Fame duties he's got? Might be lessed then thrilled.

Quote:
no i don't think he was, now we only have 4, hall, hart, jenks, mench

Hopefully Hall's bat gets going quickly to match where he was at before getting injured and to offset the defensive downgrade he brings to CF. It's been kinda nice not having to watch the Scotty Smalls Circus out there these last few weeks. Our offense could certainly use a boost, though.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote:
It's been kinda nice not having to watch the Scotty Smalls Circus out there these last few weeks. Our offense could certainly use a boost, though.

To be fair, though, Corey Hart was pretty bad in CF, too.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:"it's been kinda nice not having to watch the Scotty Smalls Circus out there these last few weeks."

were you not watching the awkward corey hart out of place in center i am pretty sure he miss timed at least two balls in cappy's start alone. Bill hall is actually better than you think. And he gets better every time you should be complaining about the bowling ball that is shrek who runs over slow rollers to the outfield in an attempt to show of his less than average arm.

Archived