Brewer Fanatic

Yost Fired, Sveum named Acting Manager; Yount bench coach, Iorg 3B coach

JenksFan5
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There has to be something in this we don't know about, something had to have taken place behind the scenes to make this move at this time. That being said, I have no issue with him being gone. Some of his decisions just boggled the mind, and God help anyone who questioned him. Simmons being "reassigned" is odd too. Maybe they are opening up coaching spots for Yount as mentioned, or maybe even Jeff Cirillo.

So wait....Simba was "reassigned"??? Is Dale bringing in his own guy for the bench? Kremblas? Hmm....

Well, if you believe the poster earlier in the thread, it's Yount.

Can my day get any better? That would be wonderful! Which leads me to wonder if the one year bench coaching thing for Robin ended because of Ned....but then who coaches 3rd?

I am very happy for this even if I doubt it makes one bit of difference in our playoff odds. I've seen Yost leave in guys like Shouse to face Burrell like last night one too many times now and I want a manger who understands how to use a bullpen. Unfortunately this is about a year too late and he probably already cost us his 2-3 games from being a bad manager at this point.

I agree with this and don't think it will affect us the last 12 games unless Sveum has a magic wand to make guys start hitting

The one thing i'm curious about is if Attanasio made Melvin fire Yost or if both agreed on it?

While I think this move was written all over the wall the timing really stinks. In a way it is like they now have a built in excuse if they end up not making the playoffs. This is a distraction I don't know how the players can avoid. This move was totally made by our owner and definatly not of Melvin who might have to worry about his skin next.

They stopped playing for Yost. I think that cost him more this year than his in game moves. He lost control of the team by playing favorites, holding some guys accountable and not other guys. Playing Kendall in both games of a day/night doubleheader might have been the last straw. He never put his foot down and demanded players exercise discipline at the plate. I suspect Sveum is just a temp move unless he gets them in the playoffs.

I also expect after the season both Skaalen and Maddux will be looking for work.

Here is my take:

I hate this move, it smacks of desperation. I think Yost deserved to be fired, but I think doing it to this team at this point in the season would be like if the Eagles would have punted on 4th and 26.

I can't imagine in a million years DM firing a manager with 12 games left in a pennant race -- I am certain MA pulled the trigger on this, and DM had to say it was "collaborative" just to get some blood on his hands.

I think Simmons thought the move was bush league and refused to be a part of the team moving forward.

I think Sveum is going to be hilarious.

If this team is tight now, wait until reporters are asking the players if it is their fault Yost got canned.

The only way this would make sense to me, would be if Yost did something aggressive to someone. I don't like Yost, but I think that this was the proverbial fork in 2008.

Would have anyone else liked to have seen Skaalen go with Yost and Rillo replace him as the hitting coach.
Absolutely. I mentioned hiring Jeff a couple of days ago I believe.

Outside of Cameron, Hardy, and Kendall, everyone on the team is underperforming this year. That is grounds for dismissal if you ask me.

Does anyone here think that Dale Sveum might actually be the brains behind the dugout operation? I mean, Yount quit on Ned. Sveum backed Ned up last year, and then got "reassigned" to third base coach because they brought in Ted Simmons who was Ned's mentor and also someone who has never managed a game in his life. Ned was still able to control the dugout.

Do you think Sveum bucked Ned too much in that he maybe got himself reassigned out of the dugout? Do you think the players had any buy in as to who is the proper person to take over? (Braun, Fielder, Hardy, Hart)?

I don't think I believe this, but I do wonder why Sveum got the call and not Teddy.

I wonder if Attanasio went to Yost and gave him a chance to save his job, or just decided to fire him after last night. From my experience, I can see Mark asking Yost: what will you do over the next 12 games to get this team into the playoffs. I assume Yost gave an answer like "There's nothing I can do, the players have just had bad luck, it will turn around, we just have to have patience". Then Attanasio goes to Sveum, says Yost isn't doing enough to lead this team, name the things you will do to get this team to the playoffs. Sveum lists the things he'll do and Mark pulls the trigger. Just speculation on my part, but makes sense to me.

Here is my take:

I hate this move, it smacks of desperation. I think Yost deserved to be fired, but I think doing it to this team at this point in the season would be like if the Eagles would have punted on 4th and 26.

I can't imagine in a million years DM firing a manager with 12 games left in a pennant race -- I am certain MA pulled the trigger on this, and DM had to say it was "collaborative" just to get some blood on his hands.

I think Simmons thought the move was bush league and refused to be a part of the team moving forward.

I think Sveum is going to be hilarious.

If this team is tight now, wait until reporters are asking the players if it is their fault Yost got canned.

The only way this would make sense to me, would be if Yost did something aggressive to someone. I don't like Yost, but I think that this was the proverbial fork in 2008.

Sure this all makes actual sense, but this move is so car-ayz-ay it just might work!

In all seriousness, who knows, but this is just bizarre and flailing the more I think about it.

Archived