Brewer Fanatic

Yost Fired, Sveum named Acting Manager; Yount bench coach, Iorg 3B coach

JenksFan5
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An act of desperation, to be sure. I have never liked Yost but the timing of this is pretty goofy, IMO. Yost was a bad manager in September and a bad one in August. This move essentially blames Yost for all the recent losing, which doesn't seem fair.

And should I really be more confident with Dale Sveum running the show? He doesn't exactly come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer. And now, if the Brewers do something "completely unexpected" and finish 8-4 and make the playoffs, Sweum will be the hero and be the manager for years to come? All the articles have already been written. Nothing left to do but find out which one is published.

I'm glad to see him go but if it's really Sveum who's replacing him..... woopy.

This move can go one of two ways.

Most likely this is more pressure for a team that is already playing extremely tight.

But theres a chance, if the Brewers are lucky, that the players will respond and this will light a fire under them.

Good luck

makes the entire organization look like a laughingstock. what's the point with 12 games left

I think the team's play in the last 2 weeks is whats making them look like a laughingstock. With the games left i think the point is that they still have a chance to make the playoffs, and maybe this will wake the team up. This didnt happen soon enough, in my opinion. He has been mismanaging this team for too long.

So from talk of Manager of the Year in late August to fired on September 15th. Wow. I never liked Ned's persona, but I thought he was doing a pretty good job this year.

It isnt like he has been not playing the good players, some of the players just stink. Weeks, Kendall, Counsell, Hall, even Corey Hart since about the All Star break. Who was he supposed to start playing. tony Gwynn, Laynce Nix and Mike Lamb?

While I never liked Ned, I love Doug Melvin, and it pains me to say it but I think he is equally to blame of the type of player that he has put on this team.

Who knows whats going on internally. It wouldn't be too suprissing if Yost is riding his guys way too hard, and they are happy/looser now that he is gone. Didn't some of the players basically say last year that he was just way too hard on the young guys so they were standing up for them when that dugout fight happend?

Well, something drastic needed to be done after the slide these last 2 seasons, and something has been done. I at least they would wait it out and if we didn't make the playoffs, he would be gone. Guess Melvin and Co. decided to be a little more proactive than that and still give us a chance this season.

Hopefully the next 2 weeks are nice for us http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I am suprised. I was expecting Yost to get fired but it is pretty crappy to do it with 12 games left, what do they hope to accomplish?

And Dale Svuem are you serious?

The guy doesn't use a whole lot of logic at 3rd base when he is sending guys to get thrown out at home by 20 feet. Every other coach we have would have been a better option IMO.

I will hope and pray that this knocks some sense into the team and realize that they might have just cost a guy his livelihood

I am shocked that it happened this late in the season. I can't believe Sveum will be better. They must have figured they didn't want him back next year no matter what, and it would look even worse to fire him if they did still make the playoffs for the first time in 26 years.

Archived