Brewer Fanatic

Yost Fired, Sveum named Acting Manager; Yount bench coach, Iorg 3B coach

JenksFan5

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per TH:

Brewers manager Ned Yost paid with his job for the team's September collapse today when he was fired with 12 games remaining in the season.

The Brewers have lost 11 of 14 games this month to go from 5 1/2 games ahead in the NL wild card race to tied with Philadelphia. The Brewers were swept over the weekend in four games by the Phillies, getting outscored 26-10.

There will be more to come.

pretty bush league in my book and makes the entire organization look like a laughingstock. what's the point with 12 games left. is it his fault his hitters forgot how to hit? while i agree that if they did not make the playoffs, at the end of the year he should have been fired, this is useless. so long ned, you didn't deserve it like this

Wow, huge news. Have to say I'm happy to hear that they're being aggressive in making a change. After Ryan Braun's comments in the JS, I think something had to happen, as clearly they didn't have a winning mindset anymore.

Kind of surprised Sveum will be interim and not Simmons, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived