Brewer Fanatic

MLB Trivia- can someone help me?

recte44
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I've been trying to find out this nugget, and have been unsuccessful.

Who was the manager who was fired the latest into the season, and what date (how many games left)?

Thanks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I think this one has been tied by a lot of people because I believe it's happened a lot. As an example, the Brewers' Del Crandall was fired with a game to go in the 1975 season. (Harvey Kuenn replaced him for the final game.)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm just trying to find out if a manager has ever been let go this late in the season when their team was still "in it". I don't think it's happened, but in this case it probably should.

They need some kind of spark. Given that the Brewers keep collapsing in September under Yost, the chances of him coming back at this rate are slim. Why not try something different? Who knows, maybe it'll take the pressure off.

Well, the question you didn't ask was, "What's the latest a manager has ever been fired by a team still trying to make the playoffs?"

EDIT: I see you beat me to it by less than a minute. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived