Brewer Fanatic

05/22/2006 Brewers (Bush) @ Cincinatti (Arroyo) 6:05 PM CST

edod

I like how you can always tell when its a game like this by turning on the radio and hearing dead silence for twenty seconds, followed by, 'strike on the inside corner.' followed by ten more seconds of silence, followed by, 'and the reds are still leading the brewers 7-1'...

also, schroeder (about griffy jr): 'him and tori hunter should have a smiling contest'

yikes.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers will be 2nd to last in team ERA in the NL after tonight, ahead of only the Florida Marlins. I'm willing to bet we have the worst bullpen ERA in the NL as well.

Something needs to happen with the pitching staff, and sooner rather than later.

The Brewers Bullpen....

Player ERA ER IP H HR BB SO Helling 0.00 0 3.0 2 0 1 1 Kolb 2.84 4 12.2 12 0 9 5 Wise 3.14 5 14.1 13 1 5 9 Turnbow 3.32 7 19.0 16 2 9 20 Shouse 3.86 1 2.1 4 0 2 1 Capellan 4.94 13 23.2 16 5 8 17 JDLR 6.11 12 17.2 12 1 12 18 Demaria 6.59 10 13.2 10 4 10 11 Lehr 7.98 13 14.2 20 2 7 11 TOTAL 4.86 65 120.0 105 15 56 93 

this bullpen seems to make a loss worse, but that doesn't bother me. bush lost this game, all demaria and lehr were supposed to do was eat up some innings so wise and kolb and capellan and jdlr can stay fresh. as long as the bullpen is there when the brewers are losing or winning by a couple i'm content...

The killer about losing tonight is that it's only going to get worse the next two games. I can only imagine what the Reds will do to Eveland tomorrow and after that, it's Davis who has the third worst road ERA in the NL. This series has sweep written all over it.

Quote:
So when is Melvin going to get to work to try to field a halfway competent bullpen?

We're a small market team, and 3 out of our top 6 starting pitchers are out injured... if we had everybody healthy, it'd be a different story, but that's not the case... I have no doubt that Melvin will make any moves that make sense

This game may be the catalyst of an outfielder for a pitcher trade. I don't think that it would be a blockbuster. I think it would be an Ohka-like trade. Dave Bush may have pitched Brady Clark out of Milwaukee.

Verified Member

I was just thinking about who would play shortstop if Hall turned an ankle during a game.

The best part of this game is Ueker rolling his Rs in the postgame show. Priceless.

Am I the only one thinking "Nelson Figueroa" when I see Bush? Figueroa was good athlete, gutsy guy not afraid to challenge hitters with mediocre stuff. It worked for a few starts but then the roof caved in on him with regularity.

I am beginning to think Melvin got snookered in the Overbay deal.

As for Lehr (another guy traded for by Melvin), and Demaria, well I've seen enough of them to last a lifetime.

The Brewers need to do something with their pitching. If they don't we will be below .500 and will finish there.

Our offense is awesome and we can score runs a plenty but asking the offense to come up with 15 runs every night? I think that is absurd.

Archived