Brewer Fanatic

05/22/2006 Brewers (Bush) @ Cincinatti (Arroyo) 6:05 PM CST

edod

What stupid bad LUCK. Walk, weak grounder througha hole... infield single and then a blooper down the LF line.

Man o man.

Bush(Dave) needs to go.

From this game? What's the point now? Might as well not burn through the bullpen for a lost game.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bush is fine, his K rate and BB rate are both solid, he's given up way too many HR's so far this year but I bet it settles down some, these things tend to regress to the mean. He just had a bad game, every pitcher in baseball has them.

5.12 ERA and the tendency to give up the gopher ball don't really strike me as qualities of a good pitcher. Bush's fastball is average, and he has a very good curveball but he hangs it too often.

He's a OK #5. Terrible may have been exaggerating, but he's no better than average at best.

Verified Member
Quote:
5.12 ERA and the tendency to give up the gopher ball don't really strike me as qualities of a good pitcher. Bush's fastball is average, and he has a very good curveball but he hangs it too often.

He's given up way too many HR's but that is really my only complaint with him so far. You also need to keep in mind he's still relatively young as a pitcher. He only had two partial seasons in Toronto where he pitched a total of 235 innings. He'll be up and down this year and will likely really come into his own next year. I'd expect a career path similar to Cappy though he won't ever be as good as Cappy has been this year.

Oh please, 5.12 ERA directly after a bad start and ERA is a crap stat anyway for judging how good a pitcher is. The HR's will come down given some time most likely as well. He's a young pitcher with a good K rate and a great BB rate and you are saying he's terrible and a #5 at best, I'm just not seeing it.

Sorry but I get so tired of people getting down on every pitcher after a bad game. An average pitcher has a bad start 20-30% of the time, its not just Brewer pitchers that have them. If you look at patterns you'll also notice that pitchers are incredibly streaky, they'll have 5 or 6 great starts in a row and then get lit up 3 or 4 in a row later in the year when they can't find the strike zone, even the best pitchers sport 5+ ERA for a full month most seasons.

The Brewers pitching is absolutley Pathetic. Last year the pitching was great and the offense was so so, and this year its just the opposite. Im absolutley disgusted right now!

Why is Demaria even in the big leagues??

Archived