Brewer Fanatic

EA ends bid to buy 2K games

logan82
Just to cap off a miserable day, EA has ended merger negotiations with 2K games. What does this mean you are asking. Well it means that EA still doesn't have the rights to MLB baseball and we will be subjected to yet another spring featuring a crappy baseball game by 2K Sports instead of our beloved MVP.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Which is fine, Road to the Show is just as if not better then MVP anyways.

...as long as you own a Playstation (since the MLB 'xx Series is Sony-exclusive).

The reason that EA was trying to buy TakeTwo (not just 2k games) was that they would be the beneficiary of a Grand Theft Auto 4 -sized payday which wasn't being priced into the value of the stock. EA would have made good use of the rest of 2k's portfolio to be sure, but baseball games don't traditionally sell as well as NFL, NBA, NHL, or even golf games. It's just not that big of a revenue source.

I like MLB 2k8 more than any of the EA baseball games anyways. I know people always rave about MVP 2005, but it's overrated.

It sucks EA got the College BB liscense though. College Hoops was so much better than March Madness.

GB12[/b]]I like MLB 2k8 more than any of the EA baseball games anyways. I know people always rave about MVP 2005, but it's overrated.
I agree with you aboubt MVP '05. The game was great, but over the years it's reached some sort of undeserved cult status.

What's really sad is that 2kSports is in the second year of a three year development cylce, which means that MLB 2K9 will likely be released with no major tweaks or imporvements. And since Take-Two's exclusive third patry baseball rights don't end for another 4 years, it sounds like we'll have to wait until 2012 until we see another decent thrid-party baseball title. I'm amazed that MLB allowed this to happen.

check out MVPmods.com and you'll see why it's reached cult status

(hint: since it's the last PC baseball game, the modders on the site have made it better than it originally was.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Just to cap off a miserable day, EA has ended merger negotiations with 2K games. What does this mean you are asking. Well it means that EA still doesn't have the rights to MLB baseball and we will be subjected to yet another spring featuring a crappy baseball game by 2K Sports instead of our beloved MVP.

Not like it would have mattered really. The MVP franchise would have become a console only franchise just like Madden and other sports titles have become. If you are looking for a PC Baseball game you are going to be waiting a long time. Basically you either play MVP 05 or nothing on the PC.

I doubt EA will make a MVP baseball game again for the PC even if they did acquire 2K games. I still liked the 2K series baseball over the MVP series. The MVP series always felt more arcade like than the 2K series.

Archived