Brewer Fanatic

Worst night in Brewers' history?

SeriesFinale
What I love is on Saturday when Fox pointed out that the Brewers haven't made the playoffs in 26 years, and the next closest team in any of the four major sports is the Arizona Cardinals at 9. What a pathetic franchise. I'm starting to entertain thoughts of contracting the Brewers.

This is the time of the year for me to turn my attention to the Cowboys.

This isn't really correct though. The Pirates haven't had a winning season since 1992 as an example.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I love is on Saturday when Fox pointed out that the Brewers haven't made the playoffs in 26 years, and the next closest team in any of the four major sports is the Arizona Cardinals at 9. What a pathetic franchise. I'm starting to entertain thoughts of contracting the Brewers.

This is the time of the year for me to turn my attention to the Cowboys.

This isn't really correct though. The Pirates haven't had a winning season since 1992 as an example.

We've already been through this. The graphic was on a 'sport by sport' basis. The Brewers have the longest standing drought in baseball, the AZ Cardinals in football, etc.

The only thing is that graphic was technically incorrect. The Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals "franchise" hasn't been to the post-season since 1981, which is 27 years. I'm sure FOX didn't count them, though, since they moved to a different city.
I don't get it. The Orioles haven't made the playoffs since 1997, 11 seasons ago. It's been 1985 since the Royals were in the playoffs, 1992 for the Pirates, '93 for Toronto, '95 for the Reds....What am I missing about that graphic?

I know it's easy to have a visceral reaction to the no-hitter (especially since it was Z, of all people!), but if the 'Stros hadn't lost that game, they would be even with the Brewers in the loss column. So the day could have been worse.....

Yes. I think the whole reason Bud forced the Astros to play in Milwaukee was to help the Brewers.

I don't get it. The Orioles haven't made the playoffs since 1997, 11 seasons ago. It's been 1985 since the Royals were in the playoffs, 1992 for the Pirates, '93 for Toronto, '95 for the Reds....What am I missing about that graphic?
I haven't seen the graphic myself, but it sounds like it listed the longest drought by sport. The Brewers have the longest postseason drought in MLB at 26 years. The longest in the NFL is 9 years for the Cardinals, etc.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I can not and will not accept the 1994 Expos as winning any division title. No one did. It did not happen. They did not play in any post-season. No one did. That franchise (Expos/Nationals) have not appeared in a post-season game since 1981. Therefore, they have the longest streak in MLB.

However, again, I am sure FOX and many others in posts above, are basically calling it a different franchise once they moved to Washington. This is untrue. But that is how many are interpreting it. The networks are probably interpreting that to (a) appease MLB who probably wants everyone to forget about the Expos and the move; and (b) to help out new and casual fans who didn't even know there ever was a team in Montreal.

Semantics, sure, but the Expos/Nationals franchise has the longest drought in MLB.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived