Brewer Fanatic

9/14/08 Game 1: Brewers (Bush) at Phillies (Blanton): 12:35 PM CDT

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the Brewers are playing nice and loose on the road, hey Corey?

And, although the offense again was bad, when you're manager has a chance to put your team in the best position to win, he fails miserably. I don't care how "hot" a hitter is when his splits are god-awful, you stick with them. At least throw 4 sliders away and see if he chases. As a baseball coach myself, the Brewers truly have succeeded in spite of Yost.

Just out of curiosity, what local station in Milwaukee carried the game? I just checked all the usual suspects (1290,1340,1250) and nothing. Wow, even the media here is giving up on the Crew. :-(

Not sure but WKTI (94.5 FM) has been carrying some of the games lately so I'd guess that.

Well the good thing about laying an egg is he will be gone for sure. There is no way Attanasio will sit on his hands this off-season. The only question in my mind is whether Doug will be shown the door as well. He gave these guys plenty of time to turn this organization around and missing the playoffs in the fashion they are this season will put him over the edge.

The mistake was letting Shouse face Burrell

and Victorino, and Feliz

Of course, but the skunk was well out of the box by then. They alreadt would have had to score 1 run to tie. What are the chances of them doing that? about .5%?

I don't feel too bad because I assumed the Brewers would be swept this series. I don't want to hear any odds from the stats guy because they have no value. 95% to make the playoffs? You still think that number was right? These aren't robots.

I found it quite interesting as I flipped back in forth that the exact same instant that Victorino hit the homer, the Lions got a gift TD to take the lead on the Packers. And I mean quite literally at the exact same instant.

Then, just as Cameron strikes out to end the game, the Packers get an INT TD from Woodson--again, literally, at the exact same time.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Shouse was left in there to face the right-handers.

I guess it'll all be over in about 7 hours . . . . .

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Put it this way, I'd rather have the Astros and Phillies schedule to play than ours the rest of the way out. The Brewers just are playing tight right now and are showing their true colors. The thing I can envision is tying one of those teams and having to play a one-game playoff in their ballpark. That scares me. I know at this point we wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell even coming within a few runs of winning a one game "playoff."

As always, early "Simpsons" best sums up my feelings:

Homer: It's just a little dirty. It's still good, it's still good!

[Passes traffic, jumps a bridge and lands in the water.]

It's just a little slimy, it's still good, it's still good!

[it gets caught in a dam spillway, and when the pressure builds, it shoots into the sky.]

It's just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good!

And with two weeks to go, I'm not quite prepared to quote the next line.

Haha your joking right?

Howard OPS at the age of 28 - .855

Fielder OPS at the age of 24 - .845

Howard at the age of 23 - In the minors.

Fielder at the age of 23 - 50 homers

Plus Howard plays at this joke of a ballpark.

No, I'm not joking. Both are having down years, and Howard is still gonna get close to 50.

Prince has been missing pitches that he absolutely crushed last year. He's a butcher in the field. Time isn't on Prince's side if he doesn't start taking better care of himself. His stats at 28 have the potential to be ugly.

Howard's home and away splits the last 3 years are identical.

I stand by my statement.

5 hits, 3 runs. That just won't cut it. We have only scored 5 runs once this month if I remember correctly. That is not going to win a lot of ball games. Bush pitched alright today, when your team can't score for you giving up 3 runs seems like a lot more.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived