Brewer Fanatic

9/14/08 Game 1: Brewers (Bush) at Phillies (Blanton): 12:35 PM CDT

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pinch hitting Gwynn with a man on first and 2 out was even dumber. Even Rottino is a better option. He has about 30 doubles at Nashville. Why not Nelson? If you wait you don't use those guys at all or it doesn't matter. I guess you play for 2 singles. Right, Ned.

What should happen, preferably at home, is that ned should go out to make a pitching change, and while he's out there waiting for the new pitcher to come in from the pen, Melvin and / or Attanasio should walk out to the mound and take the ball from Ned.

Maybe in Ned's next job he will come to understand the platoon advantage. I am not going to hold my breath though.

Just out of curiosity, what local station in Milwaukee carried the game? I just checked all the usual suspects (1290,1340,1250) and nothing. Wow, even the media here is giving up on the Crew. :-(

naivin[/b]]Not sure if you've watched him lately, but walking Howard was not a mistake. He's been hitting the cover off the ball and they needed a dp. The mistake was letting Shouse face Burrell, plain and simple.

Agreed naivin. I was applauding the IBB, but I assumed that meant that Shouse was done.

With as much emphasis put on game one, will the Crew show up at all for the nightcap or will it get even uglier?

Hey, I thought that first game was a "must win??" Hmm...this team is horrible. No guts at all. Blow up this roster. I would love to be sitting with Mark Attanasio watching these games and wondering what he's thinking. I could care less about this second game it's a joke anyways...on that note...GO PACK GO!!!

Archived