Brewer Fanatic

9/14/08 Game 1: Brewers (Bush) at Phillies (Blanton): 12:35 PM CDT

razzzorsharp

My apologies to Wibadgers23 but I think we need to go in a different direction today.?No stats, no standings, no worries.?It is my belief that we as Brewer fans are not doing everything possible to get this team over the hump into the promise land but that will change, it needs to. We need to motivate these players and give them everything we have and show them that even though they are struggling in Philly we are there with them in spirit. We need to get them pumped up by any means possible so give me your motivational speeches, give me your videos that will start the adreneline flowing, give me your picture showing that we will never give up. Give me everything you have and don't leave any regrets on the table because it's a mighty long offseason and if you let your team, your fellow forum members, and yourself down, it will only get longer and lonlier. There are two ways we can go from here, up or down, make your choice, are you still with the team playing the violen with the ship no matter what the course or are you grabbing the first lifejacket for fear of sinking?

I will start it off and since we are in Philly...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

"There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

"Every time a football player goes to play his trade he's got to play from the ground up - from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

"Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization - an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win - to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

"It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there - to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules - but to win.

"And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

"I don't say these things because I believe in the 'brute' nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

--Vince Lombardi

Yost has shifted the lineup a little bit.

Brewers

RF Corey Hart

SS J.J. Hardy

2B Ray Durham

1B Prince Fielder

LF Ryan Braun

CF Mike Cameron

3B Craig Counsell

C Jason Kendall

RHP Dave Bush

Phillies

SS Jimmy Rollins

2B Chase Utley

RF Jayson Werth

1B Ryan Howard

LF Pat Burrell

CF Shane Victorino

3B Greg Dobbs

C Carlos Ruiz

RHP Joe Blanton

Hopefully moving Corey to leadoff forces him to take some pitches.

Hopefully there are guys on in front of Braun-I like moving him down, even if it's only for a game. When was the last time that a first inning of a game was so important? Am I the only one who thinks they have to put a run up right away?

Hopefully there are guys on in front of Braun-I like moving him down, even if it's only for a game. When was the last time that a first inning of a game was so important? Am I the only one who thinks they have to put a run up right away?
I agree about the importance of scoring right away today. I think if they trail early it's a sense of here we go again.

After watching yesterday, the answer is obvious...following Skaalen's ejection, 4 of the next 5 batters reached.

We should have brought up minor league coaches instead of players. Work out a schedule for one coach to be tossed per inning. If need be, Kapler finishes the game as player/manager.

Offesives WOAH SOLVDD.

You know it's all the same, another time and place, repeating history and you're getting sick of it
But I believe in whatever you do, and I'll do anything to see it through because these things will change

By the way, Ryan Braun says this is a must win game, so it must be big boy time!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

hopefully this will be a fun thread to come back to tonight and read/watch the videos.

Packer game and Brewer game--not much better than that. A lot of flipping back and forth. Oh, and Matt V. doing the Packer game--BONUS!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived