Brewer Fanatic

5/23/2006 Other Games Thread

davemakovec

Yeah that was what I was thinking when I saw Barrett was having another big game...

...On another note, it looks like Damon actually came to play this time vs. the Sox hitting a leadoff homer off Wakefield.

I read about Dempster's failure later on that night. It brings joy to my heart.

Now, the Pujols news just strikes me with awe. That's not a human being. He has to be some sort of baseball cyborg from the future, or something.

I would still rather face Scott Rolen than Albert. Just me I guess.

It's not one or the other. It's Pujols or Rolens with atleast Pujols on base. The later is not better than the former in most cases.

The later is not better than the former in most cases.

In the simplest terms, yes.

But the fact that Pujols is an amzing hitter, and much better than Rolen closes the gap a little more than if one was referring to two average ballplayers. But yeah, walking Pujols is often not the best option.

Yeah, they essentially have three elite (I would argue all Hall of Fame) hitters in the middle of their lineup, with Edmonds also in there (even though he is struggling a little bit thus far this season). That's why they can get away with having garbage in their lineup like Molina, Encarnacion, Taguchi and so on year after year.

Archived