Brewer Fanatic

Kremblas dismissed

adambr2

Sweet! Move Don Money up to Triple-A, and soon the organization will be filled with nothing but 1982 retreads!

What a disappointment. Kremblas gets let go after one poor year, while others at the major league level are held to a much lower standard.

I doubt it has to do with the one poor year. There has to be some other underlying factor like only wanting coaches who are never critical of their players and never benching players who go into prolonged slumps. Also maybe Kremblas doesn't play his starting catcher every single day of the season without any breaks.

One bad year and out? How lame.
That wasn't even the reason why he was let go. This probably means that Yost is gone after this year if the team doesn't turn it around and make the playoffs. The Brewers just don't think Kremblas is the guy they want to manage the Brewers and let him go to find an opportunity to manage in the majors.

Maybe the Brewers will get Valentine or Mattingly to come to Milwaukee and coach this team.

One bad year and out? How lame.
That wasn't even the reason why he was let go. This probably means that Yost is gone after this year if the team doesn't turn it around and make the playoffs. The Brewers just don't think Kremblas is the guy they want to manage the Brewers and let him go to find an opportunity to manage in the majors.

Maybe the Brewers will get Valentine or Mattingly to come to Milwaukee and coach this team.

What about Brenly from the booth? I can't stand Valentine.

The linked article says that Kremblas was let go to pursue other opportunities. Maybe that's just corporate-speak, but I think it could be true. The article talks about how he has been passed up multiple times for spots on the major league staff. If the Brewers don't think he fits in with what they want at the major league level, it only makes sense to let him see what else is available for him. He's still a young guy, I doubt he wants to top out at being a AAA manager.

The article says he will be interviewing with an NL Central team. His minor league days were with the Reds, wonder if that will be his new destination.

Maybe. Or maybe Dale Sveum.

I don't know why, I just always liked Kremblas. He struck me as having a mind of his own, not something you can say about many people these days.

I guess I'll say my feelings on this since I've seen quite a few Sounds games and talked to Kremblas many times. I'd like to first say if this is his decision to please ignore the rest of my post.

If it's not his decision, I think this decision is horrible. Frank has done what was asked of him year in and year out and pushes his players to perform in the right way. I haven't seen too many managers 'into the game' as much as he is. He was (past tense how sad) the third base coach and if the Sounds were up by 10 or down by 10 he still had the same approach to a certain degree. Get guys on base and try to get them home. Kremblas also helped most players' 'value' by playing them all over the diamond and the outfield. Nashville is far from a baseball city and I wish everyone could see what crappy conditions they play in. For those from the Timber Rattler area that site is years ahead of Nashville. Kremblas dealt with that year in and year out and didn't mention the trailer they have for a 'locker room'.

To be honest and less politically correct, I think this is complete garbage if it's the Brewers letting him go. I'm a big minor league guy and between Nashville and Huntsville I go to 30 - 50 games a year. I've thought Frank would be a perfect fit in Milwaukee for quite some time (in some capacity). He's helped coach/develop so many of the current Brewers. If this story holds true (the Brewers let him go), I'm extremely disappointed to be a Brewers fan. I wish Frank the best and I hope another organization (which I'm sure they will) recognize a guy like him. He was the guy who told me Braun would be an above average 3B...if he had enough time to develop (wasn't ready for the bigs defensively) and had an all-star type bat...sounds like someone that knows what they're doing.

Or maybe Dale Sveum.
Was that suppose to be in blue? I hope it was. I believe if the Brewers do not make the playoffs this year the Brewers are going to go after a coach that has or had experienced coaching a major league club. So I'm guessing Mattingly would be out who I wouldn't mind seeing the Brewers go after.

The list is short and I think you could see Kremblas as a manager for the Pirates or the Reds next year. For the Brewers if they don't make the playoffs maybe a guy like Black, Brenly, or Valentine are the targets for the Brewers. I don't think Valentine is going to leave Japan though. Brenly could be a huge possibility next year. I just don't see the Brewers going with someone with no experience at the major league level and that is why the Brewers let Kremblas go. He would have been a great manager for the Brewers but I just don't see the Brewers committing to another manager with little to no experience as a major league manager especially with the clock winding down on the time that the Brewers have to compete for a World Series.

The young talent isn't going to stay cheap forever and there is no way we will be able to or should even try to keep all of the players. I just hope it is not Ned or Simmons next year managing this team.

Putting aside for the moment the question of whether or not Kremblas would be good in Milwaukee, clearly the Brewers did not see that happening, and since that's the case, you might as well not keep him in a dead end position there, especially if they do want to move Money up with the kids.

Hopefully Frank gets a shot somewhere else, I'm sure he deserves it.

Putting aside for the moment the question of whether or not Kremblas would be good in Milwaukee, clearly the Brewers did not see that happening, and since that's the case, you might as well not keep him in a dead end position there, especially if they do want to move Money up with the kids.

Well I guess I look at it more like Kremblas as a coach in Milwaukee and not 'replacing Yost'. I'm upset because IMO he's earned the chance to be a MLB coach. As far as a MLB manager job, I really don't know. He should've been a coach this year and to me that's a crappy move letting him go. Kremblas has seen most of the young guys AND has been the third base coach for years. Seems to me he could've filled a nice role with the Brewers. I'm not saying Kremblas would put the Brewers in the playoffs, but I am saying he did a fine job in Nashville and at least deserved a job in Milwaukee in some role and to be honest he'd be better than some coaches we have. I don't understand letting him go.

Or maybe Dale Sveum.
Was that suppose to be in blue?
I wish it was, but I really don't know. If the Brewers don't make the playoffs, and if Ned takes the fall (I can still imagine a scenario where they say "our record was better than the year before!" as proof he did a great job), it wouldn't surprise me to see something stupid like this. Reasoning would include historical ties to the franchise, knowledge of the team and the players, and experience from compiling a very impressive 213-211 managerial record in double-A.

I'm warning you now, if you think Dale Sveum won't be in the running to manage the Brewers in 2009, I think you'll be disappointed.

The Brewers are playing like garbage - and the AAA manager gets fired!?!

My immediate thought is "whose daughter did he make an inappropriate pass at, or who caught him talking crap about them?"

My thoughts as well. I highly doubt he was let go to merely pursue "other opportunities".

I wonder if there might have been some undermining/bad speak of the MLB team as Kremblas pushed for Ned's job.

Kremblas was an outsider to the old Brewers/Rangers network, but I always liked him and his results. I'll miss him and I think they're making a mistake letting him go. I am glad they're keeping Stan Kyles and I hope he gets a big league shot soon.

I am glad they're keeping Stan Kyles and I hope he gets a big league shot soon.

I guess I disagree with that. I'd much rather see Kyles leave. He never makes the walk to the bullpen while pitchers are warming up. The minors don't have the benefit of having a bullpen coach and I think Kyles should be monitoring his bullpen. He may be a good non-game coach, but everything I've seen from him during the game tells me I would want no business with him on a MLB team. The pitchers in Nashville essentially have full control over warming up and when they're 'ready'. It's not monitored at all and to me that's a bit scary.

DougJones43 wrote:

He struck me as having a mind of his own, not something you can say about many people these days.

I could see that being detrimental to getting a job managing where the GM would want you to do things his way. I also would see that as being a huge negative to managing in AAA where the main focus isn't winning.

Kremblas would have been popular with the fans though since he liked to rip into his players trough the media.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I don't remember Kremblas singling out any particular player in the press, more the entire or a group.... comments like "our pitching hasn't been good" and "our offense isn't scoring runs"... it's a fine line I suppose but to me that's telling it like it is, when you single out someone by name that's ripping a player in my opinion.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I think that Milwaukee really dropped the ball on this one. Ned's got to go, and what are they afraid of with Kremblas? That he'll win too much. The only reason that he did bad this year, in my opinion, is that the didn't move up any of the good young talent from AA. Who did they really have, Nix, Iraberren, Gwynn? Come on, give me a break! Hope that he get's a shot somewhere else, and if he doesn't it's a shame. I've always liked Kremblas, and thought that he should get a shot when Nedly get's fired.

I thought the same thing as mothership, something was said or done that pissed someone off. The Brewers have been loyal to Kremblas, even if they haven't given him the opportunity to coach at the big-league level, which I'm sure has frustrated the guy. I'm happy to see that he'll have a chance to do so somewhere else.

As for Kremblas in Milwaukee, while the big-league Brewers are crumbling hard and fast, this team is being assembled for the long haul, not just the 2008 season, and whoever the next manager is I hope they have experience. Kremblas needs to go to a young team similar to how Ned started with the Brewers several years ago, or even how Eric Wedge started with the Indians.

Archived