Brewer Fanatic

Kremblas dismissed

adambr2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet! Move Don Money up to Triple-A, and soon the organization will be filled with nothing but 1982 retreads!

What a disappointment. Kremblas gets let go after one poor year, while others at the major league level are held to a much lower standard.

I doubt it has to do with the one poor year. There has to be some other underlying factor like only wanting coaches who are never critical of their players and never benching players who go into prolonged slumps. Also maybe Kremblas doesn't play his starting catcher every single day of the season without any breaks.

Sweet! Move Don Money up to Triple-A, and soon the organization will be filled with nothing but 1982 retreads!

What a disappointment. Kremblas gets let go after one poor year, while others at the major league level are held to a much lower standard.

I doubt it has to do with the one poor year. There has to be some other underlying factor like only wanting coaches who are never critical of their players and never benching players who go into prolonged slumps. Also maybe Kremblas doesn't play his starting catcher every single day of the season without any breaks.

One bad year and out? How lame.
That wasn't even the reason why he was let go. This probably means that Yost is gone after this year if the team doesn't turn it around and make the playoffs. The Brewers just don't think Kremblas is the guy they want to manage the Brewers and let him go to find an opportunity to manage in the majors.

Maybe the Brewers will get Valentine or Mattingly to come to Milwaukee and coach this team.

That wasn't even the reason why he was let go. This probably means that Yost is gone after this year if the team doesn't turn it around and make the playoffs. The Brewers just don't think Kremblas is the guy they want to manage the Brewers and let him go to find an opportunity to manage in the majors.

Maybe the Brewers will get Valentine or Mattingly to come to Milwaukee and coach this team.

What about Brenly from the booth? I can't stand Valentine.

The linked article says that Kremblas was let go to pursue other opportunities. Maybe that's just corporate-speak, but I think it could be true. The article talks about how he has been passed up multiple times for spots on the major league staff. If the Brewers don't think he fits in with what they want at the major league level, it only makes sense to let him see what else is available for him. He's still a young guy, I doubt he wants to top out at being a AAA manager.

The article says he will be interviewing with an NL Central team. His minor league days were with the Reds, wonder if that will be his new destination.

Archived