Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 5 thread

adamb100
Michael has got to be the father of Astird, right? I mean there is no other rational explanation for Jan attending a baby shower hosted by her ex-boyfriend, at the office where she used to be in charge, is there? The sperm bank story has to just be a story, because she doesn't want to tell Michael the truth?

And it was very strange to not have a shot of Jan discovering the stroller. Perhaps that story will arc to the next episode...requiring another appearance by Jan.

Jan wants Michael to feel like the child is his, since she's already trying to get him to fund a 529 plan (college savings) for Astrid. Aside from that, Jan hasn't exactly been the most rational actor for the past few seasons.

I'm sure they shot a scene with Jan finding the stroller (she left the shower gift in the parking lot, if you missed it). It probably got cut out of the final episode to keep in other funny material (like Creed's Omaha Beach line). NBC usually posts the deleted scenes on their website, so keep an eye out for it.

I know I've said it before in threads for this show, but I'm amazed how much I like Amy Ryan's character (if only because of my dislike for her character in "Gone Baby Gone" - the only other thing I remember her from). ....even if she does smell like rotting tomatoes (?) and dirt.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I thought it was a very good episode. One of the least Jim/Pam focused episodes too. Angela's antics with the baby were hilarious, Dwight was pretty funny, Michael's treatment of Holly while Jan was there, and Jan's treatment of Holly at her jokes...

Question: Where was Ryan in this episode?

There is a deleted scene up at officetally.com - the best website outside of this one, that is amazing with Kevin-ness.....not sure how the first deletewd scene did not make it in, as it would have been the best part of the episode....also, in the second deleted scene Melora Harden is topless

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
like Creed's Omaha Beach line
Forgot about that one. I nearly spit up my dim sum when he said that. Classic.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"It squeaks when you bang it"
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

turning the microphone dials "off", Phylis' tires, and Jim's winning bid (and all of Darryl's lines) were the only things that had me laughing tonight. Totally meh episode, otherwise.

And what's the deal with NBC's fascination with Huey Lewis and the News this season? Just about every episode of "Chuck" has had a Huey Lewis number ("Hip to be Square" and "Do You Believe in Love" that I can remember. I think they did "Power of Love" in another episode.) And then tonight's episode of "The Office." What dirt does he have on NBC that they are playing all his tunes?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Here we go disagreeing on an episode again. It was my favorite of the season.

"Michael gave me his top ten Springsteen songs. Three were Huey Lewis and the News."

"It just says Creed..." "That's all inclusive."

"She's your wife, you idiot."

Also the board with the thermometer for money raised was awesome. The line for the goal was at $3,400, and at the top was $1,000,000.

There's a lot more subtle/quick humor this season. I think if you re-watch episodes you'll find them funnier.

turning the microphone dials "off", Phylis' tires, and Jim's winning bid (and all of Darryl's lines) were the only things that had me laughing tonight. Totally meh episode, otherwise.

And what's the deal with NBC's fascination with Huey Lewis and the News this season? Just about every episode of "Chuck" has had a Huey Lewis number ("Hip to be Square" and "Do You Believe in Love" that I can remember. I think they did "Power of Love" in another episode.) And then tonight's episode of "The Office." What dirt does he have on NBC that they are playing all his tunes?

Huey Lewis and the News are the new Rick Astley (to eventually be replaced by Def Leppard, Tears for Fears, and/or the Pet Shop Boys, once society keeps in-pace with my iPod).

I love that the item that Michael didn't want to auction off raised more money than all of the other items combined. 'Monotheism' was a great, unexpected line, as was the last man who tried to steal from Creed Bratton. 3rd date-speak was just horribly awkward.

The ending made me wonder just how much Holly knows about Jan's history with the company (which is about as non-spoilery as I can type that).

I loved how one of the auction items was "Creed Bratton" and Creed chimes in, "It's an all inclusive package".

I agree with you Stevo. This was a classic office episode. The Jim/Pam thing at the end was a bit corny, but the rest was A+ imo.
I have liked all episodes this season. But this might be the best. All the third date stuff was great as well as all the auction stuff.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Then Michael: "Probably get soup, or something light."
Great line. I also thought it was great when Dwight closed the elevator on Phyllis on the wrong floor.

And, "Nobody steals from Creed Bratton. The last guy who did that was never heard from again. His name.......Creed Bratton."

Archived