Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 5 thread

adamb100
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both were pretty decent, although I liked the second one better. Andy and Dwight were top-notch, especially the musical discussions and instrumentation.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I loved that Michael can't get away from Toby. Only thing better than hearing him on his phone in the restroom would have been to be stuck under his desk to hear him all day.

Is there another angle the show could go other than production being down and corporate asking Michael to come back? Seems like the inevitable story line.

I love that Pam has the old copier back from the garbage. Also I laughed out loud at Michael in his robe accidentally flashing Pam. 2 good episodes.

My guess is that Dunder Mifflin ends up buying out Michael's business, if only to get his contact info. The opening of the second episode with the clips from the new office were hilarious.

I laughed out loud when Michael was parking his car at the beginning of the second episode, I believe. I laughed when he couldn't parallel park in that large space, but when he was crawling over the seats to get be able to get out of his car... that was hilarious. I thought both episodes were good, but I liked the second slightly better.

The clock thing killed me too...first that the Michael Scott Paper Company would need to know what time it is in Paris or anywhere else for that matter. Second, that the far right clock was just "USA." I like the subtle little things in the background - no character made any reference to them or anything, but that was one of the funniest parts of the show for me.

I loved that this episode showed Michael Scott as a great salesman. The show always suggested that he was a great salesman but tonight we got to see it. I thought him stealing Dwight's best customer while he made Dwight listen was hilarious. I don't know how many times I laughed out loud but it was still a great episode.

The last three episodes feel like the "old Office" to me. I was disappointed with most of this season and the end of season 4, but lately I have enjoyed it a lot.

I think they have made Michael's character a little more believable as a great salesman with some business skills, while still allowing to do completely idiotic things. I am not of fan of Charles though, I hope his character is done soon. I just do not think he brings much to the show. My hope is they fire him in order to make up for the added payroll for bringing Pam and Ryan back.

I think this episode was Charles' last one. I thought it was great the way that Michael wouldn't let him say anything on the way out, just like Charles did to him. And Michael had two awesome lines tonight...

"My how the turntables...."

"Our balls are in your court."

I thought he was pretty much fired as per Michael's terms.
I thought Charles would no longer do Michael's job but would have Jan's old job. I could be mistaken but I thought Wallace said that Charles was too valuable to let go.

Totally agree the turntables line. That was classic

My understanding is also that Charles will go back to his 'new' job (Jan and Ryan's old one). I actually liked just how stupid Dwight made Charles look in this episode; it's just another one of the small touches that shows that Michael is an effective people manager, even if not the most productive personally.

Also, what the heck is the character-development arc for Ryan? 3 weeks ago, he was working at a bowling alley....now he's upset that he's getting a stable, new job at a place that has no business hiring him? Pam working in sales could be interesting, as well....though I wouldn't be surprised if she were the receptionist again by next season.

One of two things is going to happen with Pam, either she is going to fall on her face and end up right back as the receptionist which would lead to an ending of an episode with Michael or someone commenting how everthing is back to normal. Or the other would be that she totally kicks butt, even out selling Jim, which emasculates(sp) him and he tries to sabotage her into failure so she ends up back as the receptionist.

Archived