Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 5 thread

adamb100
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This popped up in my inbox last night:

Dear whom it may concern,

Bored? Poor? Lonely? Not if you take up this opportunity to join a company on the verge of the cutting edge of paper! Hi, I'm Michael Gary Scott. I've been working in paper for the last fifteen years and with paper since I was eight. As the manager of Dunder Mifflin, Scranton I learned two things: everything about the paper business and that Dunder Mifflin is a suckee company. I'm taking that expertness and creating The Michael Scott Paper Company.

This is your chance to join the ranks of people that have made millions selling paper: Robert Dunder, the Hearst family, those people that make counterfeit money, future me... I cannot promise success, but I will promise you the best %$*!%% time of your life!!! Because at the Michael Scott Paper Company we're not just a company or a family, we're a family company made up of people that aren't related.

The choice is clear: choose life. Choose the Michael Scott Paper Company.

Click here to begin.

Sincerely,

Michael Gary Scott

CEO, Founder, Boss

Nice touch here, but it would have been funnier if he would have ended it with some sort of ultimatum.

I am a bit interested to see where Michael and Pam actually go. How can he possible start up his own paper company?
It would be pretty easy for him to start his own paper company. Remember, Dunder Mifflin doesn't actually manufacture the paper, they just sell it. Theoretically, Michael (being a very good salesperson) could get the business moving. Also, we can make the assumption he has contacts at some of the paper mills, etc. to negotiate price. Also, he could get in touch with old man Prince and buy his customer list. Now making a profit, that would take awhile. But spite is a powerful motivator.

I guess I'll offer my ideas to what will happen out of this:

Michael does start his own paper company. Michael's replacement @ Scranton is a terrible employee and Dunder Mifflin tries to get Michael back by buying out Michael's paper company. Michael then again takes lead of the scrantion branch again.

Also, he could get in touch with old man Prince and buy his customer list

I thought they turned that list over to corporate. He called Prince Paper early in the episode looking for a job, but they had gone out of business. Presumably driven out of business by Dunder Mifflin.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Michael does start his own paper company. Michael's replacement @ Scranton is a terrible employee and Dunder Mifflin tries to get Michael back by buying out Michael's paper company. Michael then again takes lead of the scrantion branch again.

I actually thought the same thing. I figured there'd be a mutiny or Charles would fire basically everyone and the place tanks so they buy Michael Scott Paper and turn it into their new Scranton branch.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm still having a hard time seeing Stringer Bell on The Office. I keep waiting for him to put a hit out on someone.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm still having a hard time seeing Stringer Bell on The Office. I keep waiting for him to put a hit out on someone.

When Michael starts to hire additional salesmen, they should bring in the guy who played Marlo Stanfield.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Maybe Omar will come in with his shotgun and start blasting.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I just watched "Two Weeks" today. For some reason my DVR hadn't recorded it...but the nice thing about the modern digital era is that you can see new shows on places like hulu.com.

Anyway, I think it's clear that Charles is going to enrage everyone in the office enough that they beg for Michael to come back...or something along those lines. Or maybe Kelly will be mad because he continually spurns her advances and somehow gets him fired.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

"And just like that, as mysteriously as he arrived, he was gone." That one from Oscar had me cracking up.

That was great. A little homage to The Usual Suspects, perhaps? Oscar's best line, though, was, "I think it's 75 cents" as Creed stuck quarters into the copier.

It seemed to me like his decision to put Kevin on the phones and Stanley in charge of productivity was to show how tone deaf he was in seeing the staff's abilities. Kelly would make the most sense to fill in at reception, but he just assumed anyone could fill in.

When he gets let go, they need to have him touring a real estate development.

Archived