Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 5 thread

adamb100
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish that I had had a seminar led by Michael or even Pam after today. Our school district had us sitting in an auditorium for 3 hours listening to 3 different boring monotone speakers about children, education, blah, blah, blah that we already know.

I read Sports Weekly and SI during the whole thing. Even closed my eyes a couple of minutes.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Wow, went from the best episode of the year (last week) to the worst this week. This will be the first episode in a long time that I don't watch over again. The birthday stuff was amusing and Pam trying to give a Michael-like presentation was sorta funny, but I never really laughed very much.
No kidding, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It's like the first half was written by real writers magically transported from season 2 and second half was written by interns who watched part 1 and just thew some recycled and unfunny stuff together. Pretty awful.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

And, comedic value aside, I just didn't follow the whole Pam-reading-the-letter thing. Did it actually say what she told Michael? And shouldn't the viewer have known, one way or another? (It was just odd, in terms of point of view.)

"30 Rock," though? Pure gold. I heart Alec Baldwin.

I read somewhere that they pushed sweeps back a few weeks because of the DTV transition that was supposed to take place. This has caused many of the networks to push back shows to March and play reruns now.

Thank you for saying this. I have been wondering why there have been so many reruns. Makes complete sense.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dwight's line about retracting his, uh, boddy part had me rolling. I enjoyed the episode.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived