Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 5 thread

adamb100
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
OK, I just watched the end for the first time and I found the scene with Cloris Leachman riding up the stairs on her little machine absolutely hysterical. Andy's tears combined with the fact that she was moving about .02 miles an hour was funny enough but the thing that got me was the Air Supply they were playing in the background. I don't know why but that song is just funny on its own to me.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Just got a chance to watch the episode last night. Didn't see the end. I thought I set the DVR to go an extra 30 minutes, but I must have not hit "save settings" or something.

Mark me down as thinking the Jack Black/Cloris Leachman stuff was funny.

The other part that my wife and I were really laughing at was the whole CPR training scene.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

For the most part, I still think The Office is comedy gold. One thing that has bothered me though is the character development of Dwight. They have actually done a great job of this with Michael, in my opinion. It started to become unbelievable that such a bafoon would be the "boss" for so long. But they have developed his character into someone who CAN sell, and make good management decisions in his own way.

Dwight on the other hand has taken a turn for the worse. The CPR scene was a good example of "over the top" and not realistic- even for Dwight. I also don't like the way he challenges Michael quite often this season. He is much better off being a "suck up" and concentrating on his strange personality.

At this morning's staff meeting, I went up to a few people that I knew could handle it, made a comment, and then said, "Boom. Roasted!" I heard many laughs as I did it, so I'm guessing others watch "The Office" and understood what was going on.

The best part of this episode was that my wife saw the teaser during the Super Bowl broadcast and decided to watch it since it looked so funny, even though she is only on season 3 of the series (I'm trying to get her caught up.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Dwight on the other hand has taken a turn for the worse. The CPR scene was a good example of "over the top" and not realistic- even for Dwight. I also don't like the way he challenges Michael quite often this season. He is much better off being a "suck up" and concentrating on his strange personality.

I thought Dwight harvesting the organs was a lot more realistic than him CAUSING A FIRE IN HIS WORKPLACE. The only thing that didn't make this episode A+ imo is how unrealistic it was, and that is what The Office has done well for years now.

Michael driving his car in the lake because of a faulty GPS received a ton of hate, but at least that's been done before. Dwight having a knife in the workplace and destroying a $3500 dummy just days after starting a fire that causes the employees to ransack the office all the while keeping his job was just too out there.

They should have gone the Andy route and had Dwight attend corporate mandated therapy or something in order to keep his job. Dwight talking to a therapist would probably be gold.
I second this idea. That would be amazing.

I liked when Micheal went into the park and started throwing bread for the birds.

I loved two subtle things in this scene-- first, he says that there is "a man on a star", which made me laugh because that's something he would say, not planet but star. Then I almost died laughing when he says how the man looks at him through a "microscope" and feels sorry for him.

I noticed that they went back to the regular credits tonight. I liked how they changed the opening credits on Sunday's episode. It was a pleasant surprise and welcome change, I thought.

I just started watching tonight's episode so I'll post about it later.

edit: Pretty solid episode. The balloons were great. Andy was pretty funny. Oscar had one line and it killed. And Michael's mnemonic device to memorize everybody's names was hilarious. "Lazy eye" really got me rolling over.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This was one of my favorite episodes of all time. Michael was in rare form, and Dwight was back to his "old character." Sprinkle in "Nard Dawg" and Creed...just awesome. Most episodes I laugh a few times, this one I never stopped laughing. Creed mistaking Jim for Andy was classic as well....reminded me of my favorite Creed moment ever when he referred to Jim as "the tall guy."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I loved Creed's Squeaky Fromme reference. You youngsters should google that name.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I agree, And That, this episode was classic Dwight. "If you're trying to hurt my feelings, you've succeeded. Fortunately, my feelings regenerate themselves at twice the rate of a normal man's." None of the really weird stuff, just Dwight thinking he's superhuman again. Also, the "Mose doesn't even know how to use the phone" line killed me. I would love to see how Dwight and Mose interact with each other on the beet farm (when it's just them) sometime.

Wow, went from the best episode of the year (last week) to the worst this week. This will be the first episode in a long time that I don't watch over again. The birthday stuff was amusing and Pam trying to give a Michael-like presentation was sorta funny, but I never really laughed very much.

I really liked last night's episode. And I actually thought they did a nice job with Michael, where he seemed to be doing a decent job of his presentation at the other branch, but quickly regressed into self destructive over-sensitive Michael. Pam imitating Michael really amused me as well.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived