Brewer Fanatic

9/13/08 Brewers (Parra) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:55 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ned is never going to pinch hit for Kendall, period. He's too much of a "veteran" and "professional hitter" for Ned to do that to him. I've come to accept it instead of being frustrated by it.

That was a nice inning by Coffey, he kept the ball down and should have had a 1-2-3 with no one on base if not for Hardy's error. At least he wouldn't have gotten booed at home, people like him too much.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Booing I totally get, especially early in the season and in the dog days of July, but in September of a playoff run? Cmon. Try going to other places (besides Philadelphia and New York) and that's just not how it is.

As for not being able to resign Sabathia, look at the numbers. Ten million comes off the books for Gagne, twelve for Sheets - that's 22 right there without even trying. Add in four for Riske and three for Counsell, and that's without even increasing payroll a cent.

I'm from Milwaukee, born and raised, but I live someplace else now. Sporting events in Milwaukee are more of an excuse to get drunk, get belligerent, and be completely obnoxious than anywhere else I've ever been. Head on the road, and you'll see what I mean. Wisconsin people are really, really nice, I agree - when they're not completely drunk.

> Sporting events in Milwaukee are more of an excuse to get drunk, get belligerent, and be completely obnoxious than anywhere else I've ever been.

Me and my drinking cat take exception to that comment

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

3-9 in September, hooray.

Dave, I hope you got your bad start of the month out of the way against the Mets because you're going at least 7 tomorrow whether you give up 2 runs or 12.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

What does Gamel have to do to get another at-bat before the season is over? Yost is a true moron.
Kneecap Hall, Counsell, Lamb, Branyan, Dillon, Braun and Marcus Hanel, Tonya Harding style.

I'm not saying Yost is wrong or right in his decisions, but since he has been like this since we hired him, I'm no longer surprised when Ned chooses a veteran over a young player.

The collapse the second time around is just awe-inspiring. It really is like watching a car accident in slow motion. I just pray that we learn from this one by sending Yost packing. Can you imagine the outcry if he comes back? I mean these losses aren't even close, that's the really sad part.

Predictions for Yost's postgame comments? not looking at teams behind us.....keep battling......stay positive.......stick with these guys.....and all the while being totally condescending while he's doing it. God forbid, we as fans might peek in our neighbor's windows when they're fighting. Obviously our neighbor's are on vacation and may not come back for a long, long time.

Predictions for Yost's postgame comments? not looking at teams behind us.....keep battling......stay positive.......stick with these guys.....and all the while being totally condescending while he's doing it. God forbid, we as fans might peek in our neighbor's windows when they're fighting. Obviously our neighbor's are on vacation and may not come back for a long, long time.
Also: Just have to take one game at a time, that's the approach we've taken all season, blah, blah, blah....

Thanks for the info 1992casey. I just thought he sounded very professional and he came off as very prepared. His delivery was great and I wish I could have seen more of the game but I was gone. Quite better then Brian Anderson. As for Eric Karros, he is no better then Bill Schroeder.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Bring Back the Stein wrote:

Not to be flippant, but if home-crowd booing was a deal-breaker, the only place that a major-leaguer could play might be Toronto, or maybe the Marlins.

Don't forget Tampa Bay. They have so few fans at games you probably can't even hear them if they booo.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived