Brewer Fanatic

9/13/08 Brewers (Parra) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:55 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got home from my niece's birthday party. Been watching for an inning or two. Does anyone else like this Tom McCarthy? I like him a lot as an announcer.
He said the old MIL logo is the best in baseball. Dude can't be all that bad
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

If there was any question before, it should be rock solid now (and I have tried to say good things all year long).

1. Sabathia and Sheets are gone. I think that any chance we had of resigning C.C. was obliterated by the incessant "fan" booing on the last homestand. If you can't support your own guys when it really matters, we don't deserve a good team. It's absolutely embarrassing. The writing was on the wall when it was brushed under the rug about Corey Hart not wanting to resign earlier this season. Between that and the Fielder push, these kids have some serious internal problems with no parent.

2. Yost and his regime are gone. I assume it's going to be a cleaning house. I would consider keeping Ted Simmons as manager, but only after an exhaustive search with Ted on the same level as any other candidate.

3. I'm plus, minus on Doug Melvin. A lot of the credit he gets for the farm system should actually go to Dean Taylor. I know no one wants to admit it, but it's absolutely true. His free agents pickups have been a joke (see our sad 'pen) and that guy we just picked up from the scrap heap this past week. Huh?

4. It's going to be really tough to get any free agents to come here in the off-season. Other teams don't respect our team so much with the perceived arrogance. Additionally, if you have a choice, do YOU want to play for a team where you get booed by your fans when you make a mistake? I mean an absolute hall of famer only gets a hit one out of three times at the plate. Should we really rain down boos on them the other two times?

Just got home from my niece's birthday party. Been watching for an inning or two. Does anyone else like this Tom McCarthy? I like him a lot as an announcer.
He said the old MIL logo is the best in baseball. Dude can't be all that bad
Yeah that was cool he even knew the history of the logo. I just like his delivery and he seems to know his stuff. I have never heard him call a game on Fox before.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

> incessant "fan" booing on the last homestand

Cmon, jhgill, that's not the reason we can't resign CC.

>Additionally, if you have a choice, do YOU want to play for a team where you get booed by your fans when you make a mistake?

Every team in the Majors would get the treatment the Brewers have been getting when you play the way they have lately.

You seem to have the same mindset as Vince Young.

J.J... booooooooo

4. It's going to be really tough to get any free agents to come here in the off-season. Other teams don't respect our team so much with the perceived arrogance. Additionally, if you have a choice, do YOU want to play for a team where you get booed by your fans when you make a mistake? I mean an absolute hall of famer only gets a hit one out of three times at the plate. Should we really rain down boos on them the other two times?
Not to be flippant, but if home-crowd booing was a deal-breaker, the only place that a major-leaguer could play might be Toronto, or maybe the Marlins.

> Not to be flippant, but if home-crowd booing was a deal-breaker, the only place that a major-leaguer could play might be Toronto, or maybe the Marlins.

Yeah, really, I'm not a big one for booing but I can't blame the fans for being disgusted with this team these days. I know I'm sick of it. And you know Ned is going to get on their back, so someone has to.

Archived